OMG! Fog looks terrible, horrible. Fix it or get rid of it.

Maybe dont use it atm and wait for ED to release the fog intended to go with the new cloud system?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Using the clouds creates a more natural feeling fog. Cloud density to 9 or 10 , and a low ceiling about 1500 feet AGL. The soft opacity of the cloud , which intersects terrain creates the fog effect. Linear constant fog doesn't work at all. Especially when paired with clouds in 2.7.X. 2.7.X graphics engine, looks great from altitude and at high speed at nearly all altitudes. But slow and low in helicopter. Not really. At night its OK. Daytime, not so much. Especially Georgia. The original terrain from DCS. I have trees and structures detail at 1.

• Like 1

Stop making demands...  you sound like you're 8 when you do that.  Try a positive approach maybe.

Also...  When they rolled out the new clouds they specifically mentioned that the fog is super bad and they're working on it.

• Like 4

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

On 9/4/2021 at 8:54 PM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Cloud density to 9 or 10 , and a low ceiling about 1500 feet AGL. 

Thanks, this is useful. 

• Like 1
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

• ED Team

Fog, mist and dust at ground level needs some work, its in progress but will take time.

thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm just wondering what the hold up is at the moment. Against better judgement I'm going to ask anyway... Is it going to be in the "near future" or is it being put on the backburner until other issues are resolved? 

Clouds were a fantastic and essential addition but until fog is properly implemented, I'm left wanting... 

• Like 3

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Neither, as said above "its in progress but will take time." 

So not in the near future and not on the back burner. At least that's how I interpret it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

We got the new clouds earlier this year and I'm guessing that later in the year we will get a second environmental update with the new fog and water effects as shown in the Marianas videos. Maybe even thunderstorms... Anyway, this is just speculation on my side, but I think we will get the new fog and other effects later this year, not individually in small updates, but in a big update like when we got the clouds.

Edited by Jafergon

11 hours ago, Jafergon said:

We got the new clouds earlier this year and I'm guessing that later in the year we will get a second environmental update with the new fog and water effects as shown in the Marianas videos. Maybe even thunderstorms... Anyway, this is just speculation on my side, but I think we will get the new fog and other effects later this year, not individually in small updates, but in a big update like when we got the clouds.

Latest Wags F-16 video shows increible sun reflection over sea with cloud shadowing

On 9/22/2021 at 10:40 PM, Gryzor said:

Latest Wags F-16 video shows increible sun reflection over sea with cloud shadowing

Oh man, you're right!! I watched the HMCS video again, it's at 1:18!!

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai