Performance issues with Mi-24P Hind module

THERION

Hi,

not sure, if it has already been reported, but I have some considerable performance issues with this module. All other modules
run fine on my system and I have no stutter, but with the Mi-24P Hind I get some annoying stutter and sometimes some micro
freezes.

My system:

Asus TUF Gaming Z590-Plus
Intel I5-11600K running at 4.9 mhz
Crucial Ballistix @3200 / 32 GB

Asus Nvidia 1070 / 8 GB Vram

Samsung nvme ssd 500 GB

Asus Monitor 27" 1920x1080 @60hz

My game's settings:

DCS settings.JPG

NVidia Control Panel:

All settings per default, except "Power Management Settings" set to "Prefer max. performance".

Any ideas? Or is it just because the module is still early access and we can all hope that they will optimize the module's performance?

Cheerio

Th Hind is one of the performance heaviest aircraft in DCS.

I guess this comes down to it having two cockpits, combined with the number of switches (Each mouse area has to be scanned for interaction).

Thats also why the F-14 is heavier perforance wise.

This also combined with the lower altitude in which the Hind operates, meaning that more ground detail has to be rendered.

Since it´s early acces, some performance gains might come later on.

• Thanks 1

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super 8GB, 2 x 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit.

Do you have an specific map or mission where you have the performance issues?

The Hind indeed is performance heavy compared to other aircraft, but still for me it runs flawlessly and I don't encounter stutters even in multiplayer (max settings on 1920x1080)

However, what I did notice is some quick start missions have significant stuttering in them, especially the Persian Gulf Disaster Relief Defense mission. I was using it for benchmarking before, but I thought I went crazy. Although I had 70+ FPS in that mission, there was (and still is) a lot of stuttering, especially when a trigger went off. Even with lowest graphical settings it persisted. So make sure the problem is not with the mission you're playing.

• Like 2

Intel i9 10850k | Noctua NH-U12A | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | Patriot Viper Steel 64gb @3600MT/s | ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | HP Reverb G2

Yup, the Hind has considerably more polygons to push than other modules. There is an unfortunate trend in DCS World, where each and every module has more and more detail than the older ones. 

I disagree with this design philosophy which is skewed towards the GFX and Asset design artists and is detrimental to overall performance of DCS World, especially with regards to VR. 

I agree that modules & cockpits should look great. But there is a limit to what the human eye can perceive and to how much detail really needs to be in the game. Especially for less important and less visible parts of the modules and other art assets. Do we really need to see that weathering on the landing gear struts? Is it really necessary to see every little dint and dent from weathering in the less accessible parts of the cockpit? 

• Like 4

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

5 часов назад, Lurker сказал:

I agree that modules & cockpits should look great. But there is a limit to what the human eye can perceive and to how much detail really needs to be in the game. Especially for less important and less visible parts of the modules and other art assets. Do we really need to see that weathering on the landing gear struts? Is it really necessary to see every little dint and dent from weathering in the less accessible parts of the cockpit? 

And what if somebody wants to see NO weathering at all? I paid for a new module, I want a new module! What's wrong with having, say, a weathered model and a brand-spanking-new model separately? Especially if one of them gives a performance boost. There are modules with two versions of cockpits already, just can't remember which ones.

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Yes, and yes. LoL

• Like 1

The upcoming AH64D is probably going to be even more resource hungry than the Hind. 

In my opinion the exterior models get too much attention. From 100 meters away you can't see any of that detail! Why is it that important in the first place? To me the cockpit needs to be fairly detailed, but I would much rather have a more detailed world so that I can actually enjoy flying and employing my machine of death. To do that effectively I need more frames per second and if the artists spend hundreds of manhours and thousands of polygons to model just oh I don't know the swashplate for example, which I'm not going to be looking at for more than 2 seconds, if ever, then what exactly is the point of DCS World? 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The upcoming AH64D is probably going to be even more resource hungry than the Hind. 

In my opinion the exterior models get too much attention. From 100 meters away you can't see any of that detail! Why is it that important in the first place? To me the cockpit needs to be fairly detailed, but I would much rather have a more detailed world so that I can actually enjoy flying and employing my machine of death. To do that effectively I need more frames per second and if the artists spend hundreds of manhours and thousands of polygons to model just oh I don't know the swashplate for example, which I'm not going to be looking at for more than 2 seconds, if ever, then what exactly is the point of DCS World? 

I absolutely agree with you - I also like detailed cockpits and exterior models, but not like it's been practiced with the modules they lately published or the forthcoming ones.
It is very nice to see, yes, but I going to be a performance killer and the hardware requirements will surpass some people's budget. And I'm definitely not willing to alter my
hardware every 6 month only to be able to count every rivet, weathered rivet, oil stains behind my ejection seat - pointless if you ask me.

• Like 2