F18 NetID Setup

Dangermouseb51

Members of the same flight (members of the same group in the mission editor), are automatically assigned letters, so you can easilly identify your flight members. However, this is something you currently can't change when the mission is already running, unlike the A10.

Thanks BarTzi, yeah I mainly play Multiplayer in BF and have been waiting on this feature if/when it ever gets implemented or indeed if this is real life and will never appear..

Mouse
You should be able to configure several net related options, as well as F/F channels in MIDS. It's just that all network related options do nothing in the DCS Hornet, right now. Whether that will change in the future, we don't know.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

12 hours ago, Wizard_03 said:

AFAIK, all DL settings, channels, and options are not implemented due to the sensitivity of those systems. Basically DL will only been on/off because ED doesn't want to cross any boundaries and get in trouble.

Source for that? I mean, we DO have more than on/off in the A-10...

• Like 1

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

6 hours ago, Shimmergloom667 said:

Source for that? I mean, we DO have more than on/off in the A-10...

DCS hornet Game manual.

There's lots of documentation publicly available for the A-10, however documentation regarding MIDS and Link16 is not for the hornet, at least I've never seen any. 

It's not hard to guess how it works but they've also said repeatedly that they will only use publicly available sources. 

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Since the implemented system is a mix between what it can be shown that is not classified and a usable interface for the simulation, I believe nobody would object that we have the possibility of managing the internal neworks as mentioned by the OP even in a non ultrarealistic way since that would be classified. I would suggest using a smiliar approach than with the A-10C.

This could be a useful feature for multiplayer flights when for a reason or another the mission editor have not placed the airplanes together as a "Flight" but where players decide to cooperate and operate as a flight

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It could be as simple as "aircraft with the same F/F 1 channel are on the same flight" and F/F 2 can be from 1 to 4, do determine position within the flight (A, B, C, D).

Or maybe even better, the two first digits of F/F 1 (01 - 12) are the same flight and the last one needs to be 1-4, to determine position. They will also share MSI tracks.

And aircraft with the same F/F 2 will share F/F MSI tracks, like they now automatically do.

And the AWACS can have an AIC channel that you need to be on, to get SURV tracks.

So, we'd have a reason to actually interact with the D/L menu and It doesn't have to be realistic, it just has to work within the sim.

• Like 4

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

As I understand it (which may or may not be applicable for this version) there's a MEMB option that allows the pilot to select/deselect a PPLI track as a flight member.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/