Official transport aviation module in DCS World!

ThorBrasil

What you think is irrelevant. What is relevant is how the simulation engine was designed back when it started out. They are not going to rework something they don't have to. It can be extremely difficult to revisit code that was put there at the start, so much that it isn't worth the time and effort. This is because other features are built on the old ones, and code pertaining to engines is usually quite fundamental. If it was not designed with future 4-engined aircraft in mind, then it might be very very hard to retrofit that capability.

I would love to have an ED C-130 with full system modelled.

This aircraft can simply do so many things, from carrying paratroopers, cargo, vehicles to being a tanker, a command and control ship or a gunship............probably the aircraft with more different roles in the history of military aircraft. Almost a multirole aircraft.

Instant buy for me 

C-130_LAPES_drop_in_Vietnam.jpg

• Like 7

Yes, would absolutely love an H model C-130!

I grew up on Little Rock AFB (home of the Herky Bird) and always heard E’s and H’s flying overhead. Such a distinct sound. I think it would be a good fit for DCS as it spans a wide timeframe, since it's been in service for 65 years now. Would fill a variety of roles as it's a versatile aircraft. Can be used for cargo transport (of course), airborne assault, refueling (MPRS), and the loitering pylon turn of death (AC-130 gunship).

If it is the C-130, I would really like for it to be a classic E or H model. The J is nice, and more capable, but you sure can't beat the classic with the Allison engines and 4 blade props. Also nice seeing all of the steam gauges on the instrument panel!

c130h.png

ALS-62-1007 small.jpg

Wouldn’t mind seeing a C-47 either, as that would help expand the WWII assets. It also saw long service, from WWII through Vietnam, though the C-130 has much more time in service. The Gooney Bird did a respectable 34 years in USAAC/USAF active service (1941-1975)

Edited by Diesel_Thunder
  • Like 3

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Transport module...

Man thats a tough one... I think I'd prefer something older, like WW2, a Ju52, maybe He111, or C47 because.... DC3's are cool.

But if it must be more modern, I'd be happy with a C-130 or An-12, I guess I'd be partial to the An-12 only because it represents the Soviet bloc and China, whereas the C-130 only represent the western block.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Ya know, I'd say the best candidate is the C-130J. Why? Well, we already have a team that put one together for DCS as a mod, so why reinvent the wheel? It would make far more sense to give the Herc team access to the SDK, let them build the C-130 to the level we all come to expect in a proper DCS Module, and with the right permissions and clearances, they could even go out and record an actual Allison engine being put through its paces.

Sure, all the other transport aircraft are nice ones to have, but from a business standpoint, I think the C-130J is probably the best candidate as it could be brought in comparatively quickly and easily. That's just my educated guess however

10 hours ago, ThorBrasil said:

I still dream of the day a C-130 arrives at the DCS

You probably know that already - there is a really, really nice Herc mod made by Anubis that can even parachute (was about to write parashoot 🙂 ) vehicles. Yes FM is simplistic, but in VR the cockpit is an absolute treat.

• Like 1

What about this baby? 🙂

1280px-JASDF_C-2_fly_over_at_Miho_Air_Ba

It's probably too new and it's Japanese. But it would be cool nevertheless. 

• Like 5

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

7 hours ago, Tank50us said:

Ya know, I'd say the best candidate is the C-130J. Why? Well, we already have a team that put one together for DCS as a mod, so why reinvent the wheel? It would make far more sense to give the Herc team access to the SDK, let them build the C-130 to the level we all come to expect in a proper DCS Module, and with the right permissions and clearances, they could even go out and record an actual Allison engine being put through its paces.

Sure, all the other transport aircraft are nice ones to have, but from a business standpoint, I think the C-130J is probably the best candidate as it could be brought in comparatively quickly and easily. That's just my educated guess however

That is not reinvern the wheel. ED has talked about paratroopers and cargo and surely need  build a API to implement on the core a realistic funtionality, and get on a future, all 3rd parties access to that funtionality on any cargo aircraft.

To get SDK to C-130 mod team need them convert to 3rd party status and get a license to build a C-130 module.

An-12 would be nice, if 4 engines are not too much of a problem for devs. If they are, An-26 would too be very good. Both are really old, so we might be able to have a green light for early Soviet variants of those. Of course, their American, Chinese and European counterparts are also welcome. 

Yet I have to doubt viability of larger aircraft than those mentioned above in DCS as it currently is. The maps are just fine for tactical aviation now, yet they are too small for aircraft like Il-76 or A-400 already, not to mention bigger ones, like C-17. After all, Globemaster has to master the globe (or a huge part of it at least 1k nm wide), not just a tiny bit of it😀 You would barely be able to climb to a cruising altitude on our current maps while flying strategic aviation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

To get SDK to C-130 mod team need them convert to 3rd party status and get a license to build a C-130 module.

To be fair, it probably wouldn't be all that difficult compared to most combat aircraft. Sure, there's plenty on the real C-130 that's still very much classified, but those systems don't have to be modeled to have a functional plane. Those features could be added later of course, especially once they become declassified, but I still think the best option is for those already working on the bird to continue doing so and have it added to the game officially.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

It's probably too new and it's Japanese. But it would be cool nevertheless

You kidding? The JSDF loves to show off and help companies out. They helped in the production of Yukikaze, helping the writers use the correct jargon, and allow the sound guys record the internal sounds of the F-15J. With Gate, they also helped the production team by modeling all of their toys in good enough detail that the animators were able to make things look not just correct, but also look as if they function correctly. So, yeah, I think the JSDF would love to have some their toys in DCS, but the problem is what's just across a small spit of water from them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tank50us said:

You kidding? The JSDF loves to show off and help companies out. They helped in the production of Yukikaze, helping the writers use the correct jargon, and allow the sound guys record the internal sounds of the F-15J. With Gate, they also helped the production team by modeling all of their toys in good enough detail that the animators were able to make things look not just correct, but also look as if they function correctly. So, yeah, I think the JSDF would love to have some their toys in DCS, but the problem is what's just across a small spit of water from them.

yea JSDF F-15 or F-4 would be really awesome.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

On 9/6/2021 at 2:20 AM, ThorBrasil said:

As you can see. ED is planning to launch a transport aircraft. Which aircraft would you like to see on DCS as your first transport aircraft? I would like the C-130J, KC390, C-17 globemaster III or C-2B.

Look like will be the Dakota C47, she talks about transport and parachutes.

Edited by greco.bernardi
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, draconus said:

I'd start with C-2 Greyhound.

I'd definitely purchase that yes!

But imo we could really use a cargo plane capable of transporting vehicles and capable of landing on soft runways.

5 hours ago, greco.bernardi said:

Look like will be the Dakota C47, she talks about transport and parachutes.

Because the Dakota is the only transporter that allows para drops? 😏

(As much as I rather see a more modern transporter, a C47 would indeed also be a very cool addition to DCS I would end up purchasing too)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 9/6/2021 at 11:01 AM, sirrah said:

And we need yet another US plane? Why? 🤨

In the case of the C47, it's because it's everywhere. With some minor alterations, or an engine change, the Dakota's been pulling its weight and more around the world, and is still in use today. Thus, why it makes a good choice for a proper module, along with the C-130. These two aircraft a major workhorses of the aviation world, and I think it's safe to say that both deserve to be given the FFM treatment in DCS.

• Like 1

Why not the mighty Antonov-32? Twin engine, so no problems there: 

antonovi.jpg

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick.