Official transport aviation module in DCS World!

ThorBrasil

an excellent aircraft that could arrive is the EADS CASA C-295 and P-3.

Edited by ThorBrasil

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like c130 freeware mod is becoming an official module 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I wiil buy it in the very minute that is available for pre-purchase.

I would have prefered an H model that fits in modern but also in  70s and 80s scenarios and had steam gauges, but I also love the awesome Super Hercules.

Said this I would be the happiest guy with any high quailty version of the Herky in DCS.

Best aircraft ever built ! 😍

And for all of the Hercules lovers I do recommend you this youtube channel

Edited by Furia
  • Like 1

It is very possible that the Hercules Mod is providing ED with inspiration for transport aircraft. Even at this point, the Hercules Mod is complete enough to give us a real sense of the fun of transport missions, and it also gives us hope that it is possible to recreate the systems of a four-engine aircraft. Currently you have to load a Lua file for each mission to do the airdrop, but it works somewhat well. If the mod developers, who want to modularize the Hercules Mod, which has reached a reasonable level of perfection, and ED, who wants to modularize the transport aircraft, can come to an agreement, then we can talk.

If they are going to make a WW2 aircraft, I think the most likely candidate is to implement the C-47, as it fits the map very well.

I'm really looking forward to any transport aircraft.

• Like 3

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

The obvious worry is that there is not a big enough market for a full fidelity flyable C-130 or any transporter, and a full price module for just one airplane.

The last time I discussed this it ended on let's get the AI external model and paradrop functionalities first, which may be a module too perhaps if necessary to speed it up if necessary.

If there would be a module, for just the above mentioned, then I think it makes sense and may do well if it's something like an "AI Air Transport Pack" or "Wide Wing AI Pack" which would include great external models of several transporters, tankers, awacs from more than one country, perhaps other variations of already existing ones in the core, include a number of AI functionalities not currently present and good editor support to do complicated drop patterns and pathing behavior (but yes perhaps core paratrooping tech would be free for all, and 3rd-parties) and someone who doesn't own it would perhaps be able to play with it but not host such missions nor open them in editor, or use the assets in a new custom mission.

From the interview's weak translation I forgot about the AI-only versus Full-Fidelity there, so I thought it meant that the full-fidelity one is planned for a 3rd-party to pick up and not started anything yet, there was no mention of AI so I guess they were indeed talking about actual possibility of a full fidelity transprter, that's cool to hear if true, what I fear is that if we do get  the AI-only stuff before, and we kinda should, would it make the full fidelity fliable one less appealing if everyone would get most of the use out of it with the AI paradrops anyway? I still pick the first option, worry about making the full-fidelity worth it later, again it could be a module pack with more than just one aircraft to make it worthwhile to buyers if that's an issue.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

1 hour ago, Furia said:

There are so many different things that you can do with an C-130 that this could be the most versatile and useful module in DCS

Unfortunately, a lot of it (aside from aerial refuelling and shooting at stuff) isn't simulated in DCS yet.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

A C-130/AC-130 would be nice for sure, but I do not think we would get one from ED. If their policy has not changed then they do not want do model planes with more than 2 engines. I would love to have a C-160 Transall, C-27J Spartan or a smaller C-2 Greyhound for carrier.  But I think we will get a C-47 Skytrain or C-53 Skytrooper (maybe both and hopeful an AC-47 conversion too).

wishlist: HH-60G Pave Hawk, MH-60R Sea Hawk, UH-60L Black Hawk, NH90, Super (Sea) Lynx / Mk.88, ME: A placeable animated LSE/marshaller for individual created FARPs

looking forward to: A-6E Intruder, A-7E Corsair II, BO-105 PAH1A1, C-130J, CH-47F Chinook, Eurofighter Typhoon, F-4E Phantom II, F4U-1D Corsair, OH-58D Kiowa, Tornado

Apache beware of the Sikorsky Armed Black Hawk!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has ED already announced which would be the aircraft transport module?

Since the initial announcement was in September, I was expecting at leats to learn wich aircarft would be the selected one (while dreaming for the C-130)😇

Any news? Any hints?

Maybe a Christmas present and let us know?

I don't think so but I wasn't following DCS deeply since summer, according to the translation it was a future plan of eventually something, nothing specific, so it's probably not anytime soon, unless it's a surprise or something, maybe that surprise that was being talked about was already announced or released, I'm not sure.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

1 hour ago, Worrazen said:

I don't think so but I wasn't following DCS deeply since summer, according to the translation it was a future plan of eventually something, nothing specific, so it's probably not anytime soon, unless it's a surprise or something, maybe that surprise that was being talked about was already announced or released, I'm not sure.

Who says it has to be ED that develops it? Haven't ya noticed that Anubis has been suspiciously quiet these last few months since they said that?

49 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

Who says it has to be ED that develops it? Haven't ya noticed that Anubis has been suspiciously quiet these last few months since they said that?

Sure, I believe it was open that a 3rd-party might do a transporter or wide-body aircraft, beyond that I don't know much more. I do not know who Anubis is either.

20 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

Anubis is the one that was working on the C-130J mod

Interesting, I should give it a try once I have time.

Love the news(?) that the C-130 may become an official mod. I will definitely buy it. That said, I wish it weren’t the J-30. I’d rather see the standard length J (because it could easily simulate the KC-130J) or even better yet the C-130H. Would cover more timeframes. 

• 2 months later...