Rolling Map

Meathawk

vor 16 Minuten schrieb NWGJulian:

i am not an expert, so please dont take it for granted.

but if i should make a guess, i would say it will probably be like the map in the f18 on the lower screen. 

my problem is - I dont have the F18 nor any module that has a map, so its hard for me to imagine.

As regards to the Apache, I've never seen it in reality so it would be foolish to comment on it. But as to the 'moving maps' in the Hornet and A-10C, no - not F-10 quality. But then the F-10 map is essentially a 'cheat' mode, for lack of a better term. I personally don't find the colour maps that useful and always turn it off in the Hornet. The useful part of them is maybe the contour lines that show terrain altitude. The other parts, such as town names, etc, I find very difficult, if not impossible, to read.

Anyways, just look up some Youtube videos for the Hornet/A-10C and you'll get an idea of visual quality. I'm sure someone knowledgeable on the Apache can be more specific as to what information it displays, as every aircraft seems to have different implementations. The A-10C is quite different to the Hornet.

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR