Please provide the function of AN/AAS-35

dandan

As far i know Pave Penny where non functional on C version but maybe im wrong

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Yeah, I think so too. Ever since the C model got the TGP and its necessary wiring, the Pave Pennies weren't used at all, they were just dead weight. They've later been removed from many (most? all?) A-10s. So I think it wouldn't make much sense for ED to model their functionality now that they have the new A-10C available with the Pave Penny already removed.

Edited by Yurgon

• 2 months later...

When I load up the Shark I'm sad when I look at all the non-functional switches on the back panel. I don't care if they're used only for maintenance, I'm that guy. Pave Penny can be functional on the battlefield and honestly it doesn't look like a whole lot of work to model based on what we already have, so why not give it a go? It's also used on the A-7 and is based on AN/AVQ-11 Pave Sword tracker used on F-4, and we're (hopefully, eventually) getting both of these planes.

Pave Penny was completely removed from the A-10 as part of the Charlie upgrade. You can make an argument for a full fidelity Alpha model and maybe a very tiny one for the original Charlie suite, but the Pave Penny has no place in the suite series represented by "Tank Killer II"

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 5 3600 (4.1Ghz), 32 GB DDR4, Sapphire R9 390X Nitro, Fatal1ty B450 K4

TrackIR, Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals