So let's talk about the AI and in general the Campaign

I've heard some negative stuff online about them, but let's face it; every game that comes out now seems to be greeted by some really negative little wreckers who run around really slandering everything they can about a game and trying to stop people from buying it. Let's hear what the guys who've played it have to say; is the AI good or is it idiotic? Is the Campaign deeply realistic or is it just a waste of time?

So far it seems to me the AI is largely behaving similar to that of FC - that's to say it's only as clever as the person who designed the mission/pathing.

I made a quick mission with a few enemies but no pathing or other instructions. If you fly towards them and get close enough they engage you, but they don't move or do anything by themselves.

The usual options for triggering etc seems to be present in the Mission Editor - all I might have seen is that it looks a bit more intuitive than the LOMAC/FC Mission Editors - but I didn't use them that much so maybe I'm just mis-remembering them. Either way, I didn't spot any magic buttons to make anything extra happen AI-wise apart from the usual Average, Good, Expert settings for AI that seems to make them more/less accurate and faster/slower at targeting and firing.

Your wingmen do the usual stuff - go where you tell tham and do what you tell them. Again they seem similar to FC in that they don't do anything clever really - just engage the targets etc you assign. I haven't seen the AI do anything stupid like fly into the ground or whatever.

The campaign is so heavy with Russian I can't really say anything about it unfortunately...I don't know if anything was promised on the campaign front (other than what was already in FC) but it doesn't look much different to me so far..

r.

Honestly, I'm not sure where to begin, so I'll just recommend that whatever your hear "out there," don't believe in anything that sounds extreme. We too have heard some strange complaints about issues like AI jets completely failing to attack targets, etc. Most such issues are likely user error due to unfamiliarity with new AI routines and ME functions, but we are not currently providing support for the English version. If you can read Russian, the GUI manual will do you wonders. Otherwise, understand that you are using a very complex program without proper documentation. Ditto for flying the Ka-50 - don't be surprised if you somehow end up flying the thing completely unrealistically since you have not had the benefit of proper training.

Of course, nothing is perfect and there may be bugs as well as design limitations. In general, the AI does what the mission designer scripts it to do through the ME. If used properly, there should not be any significant AI problems. Much of the AI code, especially for helicopters, is very different as compared to FC. This, combined with the new target detection and sensor modeling as well as target assignment functionality in the ME, is probably causing many mission design flaws among new users out there.

As for the campaign system, it is very different from FC from the ground up. We have a sticky for it on this forum where it is discussed in more detail.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Working on a little campaign

I had set a trigger not to exceed certain altitude.

If above then 2 F16 would engage my KA50

They killed me within 2 mins, 1 shot no warnings at all.

So I think its pretty good

Intel I7-10700K, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe, MSI Z490 ACE, RAM:64GB DDR4 3600, WIN 10-64, 1080Ti😩

Waiting on a good RTX

AH-64D|AV-88|A10CII|F15E|F16CM|FA18C|F14B|NV|PG|Syria|Synia

Honestly, I'm not sure where to begin, so I'll just recommend that whatever your hear "out there," don't believe in anything that sounds extreme. We too have heard some strange complaints about issues like AI jets completely failing to attack targets, etc. Most such issues are likely user error due to unfamiliarity with new AI routines and ME functions, but we are not currently providing support for the English version. If you can read Russian, the GUI manual will do you wonders. Otherwise, understand that you are using a very complex program without proper documentation. Ditto for flying the Ka-50 - don't be surprised if you somehow end up flying the thing completely unrealistically since you have not had the benefit of proper training.

Of course, nothing is perfect and there may be bugs as well as design limitations. In general, the AI does what the mission designer scripts it to do through the ME. If used properly, there should not be any significant AI problems. Much of the AI code, especially for helicopters, is very different as compared to FC. This, combined with the new target detection and sensor modeling as well as target assignment functionality in the ME, is probably causing many mission design flaws among new users out there.

As for the campaign system, it is very different from FC from the ground up. We have a sticky for it on this forum where it is discussed in more detail.

Sounds good to me. Hope I was able to broach the subject without sounding too offensive.

The new ME has some subtle changes that mean that simply setting things up as for LO/FC will not always get the results you expect (& if you're not a native Russian speaker & are working with a Russian version & so haven't read the manual fully, they may not be obvious).

So:

If, when you get BS, you have trouble getting the AI to do what you want them to do, my suggestion would be - read the manual ... :-)

Cheers.

• ED Team
The new ME has some subtle changes that mean that simply setting things up as for LO/FC will not always get the results you expect (& if you're not a native Russian speaker & are working with a Russian version & so haven't read the manual fully, they may not be obvious).

So:

If, when you get BS, you have trouble getting the AI to do what you want them to do, my suggestion would be - read the manual ... :-)

Or as my flying instructor would say RTFM (Read The Flipping Manual)

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.