If unlimited fuel is set, the airport is able to refuel the aircraft even if the fuel tanks are destroyed.

Martin2487

If the airport has unlimited fuel set in the mission editor and the fuel tanks at the airport are destroyed, the airport is still able to refuel the aircraft.

I noticed this change recently. It definitely didn't work that way before. Even if unlimited fuel was set at the airport, it was not possible to refuel at the airport after the destruction of all fuel tanks. The planes that had a spawn slot added at the airport were without fuel. The difference between setting up an airport with limited and unrestricted fuel was that if unlimited fuel was set at the airport, all fuel tanks had to be destroyed because the amount of fuel did not decrease.

I sincerely hope it's a bug because most missions, even on MP servers, use unlimited fuel settings at the airport. If I take into account the speed of the runway repair, which is 1 hour, and the impossibility of destroying the fuel tanks at the airport, the airports become almost indestructible fortresses. Since I don't remember it being presented somewhere in the changelog as a change, I decided to report it as a bug.

The attached track destroys fuel tanks at Sukhumi Airport. The airport has unlimited fuel set. After destroying the fuel tanks, as can be seen on the track, the aircraft that has the spawn slot at the airport has fuel in its tank and I can even refuel the aircraft. The attached track therefore demonstrates the problem described above.

Destroy fuel depot with unlimited fuel setting.trk

• 3 months later...