Sky Warrior - AV8B - Mission 5 Liberate Kobuleti

MrYeti

Hi,

Having trouble completing the mission as my wingmen don't take off from Tarawa. I've tried maxing out on ordinance but I can't carry enough to complete the mission.

Anyone know of a fix to get them to take off with me?

2-1 moves into place behind me when I start to taxi then stays put - he does say 'Rolling' when he moves out behind me. 3-1 doesn't move.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, i've completed it. 

If you get Wingman 1 to attack and destroy the first group, wingman 2 to destroy the second group (make sure that the two Mig21s are killed before they get your wingmen) then all you need to do is destroy the two tanks, the building and then keep a eye out on the southern taxiway for the two SU25's that are taxing to the runway. Kill them with GBU-12's Boom mission complete.

• 2 years later...

I'm about to call it a day on this campaign now. Must have tried mission 3 30 times (reported the odd behaviour but Eagle86 can't reproduce it) and now I'm declaring this mission unwinnable. Tried exactly what MrYeti describes above, as well as trying to take them out myself (not enough time with Laser bombs sequentialy and IR mavs will ALWAYS have you shot down by a SAMby the time you get a lock.

Any combination of me ordering my wingmen together or separately to attack the sabotage groups will leave something not destroyed, and once I have ordered them once to attack one group or another any further attempt tells me they are unable to complete the task, then in a ridiculously short time period surviving unit miraculously is able to spawn next to it and "plant charges on the bridge" even though TGP shows no target near the bridge, which 30 seconds later becomes bridge blown game over. Arghhhh!

Oculus Rift S, RTX2060 Ryzen 5 2600 16GB, SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Voiceattack Plugin

I found a bug in the CONDITION - PART OF GROUP IN ZONE. If the group is destroyed before reaching the zone, then the condition is fulfilled for some reason. That's why a group appears near the bridge. I reported the bug. I hope it will be fixed soon. Due to this bug, there may be problems in other missions. I need to check all the missions now. 
Record the track of your passage of the third mission and send it to me in a message, please. I did not find a problem in completing the third mission.

1 hour ago, Eagle86 said:

I found a bug in the CONDITION - PART OF GROUP IN ZONE. If the group is destroyed before reaching the zone, then the condition is fulfilled for some reason. That's why a group appears near the bridge. I reported the bug. I hope it will be fixed soon. Due to this bug, there may be problems in other missions. I need to check all the missions now. 
Record the track of your passage of the third mission and send it to me in a message, please. I did not find a problem in completing the third mission.

Thank god for that! I thought I was going insane. At least I know it's not me. Do you also know why, having requested wingmen to attack groups 1 and 2 but they fail to take out all 3 units in each group it is impossible to ask them to repeat the attack? Well, you can ask, but it says not possible.

I'll have another look at mission 3 and get back to you. Thanks for looking into it.

Oculus Rift S, RTX2060 Ryzen 5 2600 16GB, SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Voiceattack Plugin

Perhaps this is due to loadout. I have no control over wingman's behavior. They can refuse to perform a task if another wingman performs this task.
Try using the standard wingmans radio menu to give a different command. Then repeat the command. Make sure that the wingmen have weapons to attack targets.
Thank you for telling me about the problem! I will need to check all the missions. 🙂