AI Crew voice and text alerts about enemy fire script

Draken35

This script was developed to provide the capability to the AI crew in single player to alert about missile launches and the aircraft being shot at. It was originally developed for the UH-1H Huey, to make the AI gunners announce enemy fire, but it can be used in any other aircraft. 

Voice and text alert are enable by default but can be disabled.

A rear blind spot angle and probabilities of detecting missiles and/or AAA can be configured to adapt the script to different aircrafts.

Scripts and Sounds provided in separated folders. Move them were appropriate in your setup

Requires MIST 4.4.90  <https://github.com/mrSkortch/MissionScriptingTools/tree/master>

Download link is live:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318314/

EDIT: Last update 9/11/21 v1.03

The demo mission is merger with the test mission to simplify my life ... But feel free to jump in the test slots if you want 🙂

Version history
    1.0        09/08/2021    Initial release.
    1.01    09/08/2021  Added unit type, white list and blacklist filters
    1.02    09/10/2021  - cws.getClockDirection rewriten by cfrag and some code reorg in prep for better things         
                        - fixed bug in blindspot detection 
                        - Max spotting distance for missile launch 6000m (configurable)
                        - general code optimization/simplification
    1.03    09/11/2021     >>> 20 years, Lest we forget <<<
                        - allow to switch slots
                        - default probabilities of detection change to 100% (to facilitate testing)
                        - default read blind spot change to 0 degrees (to facilitate testing)

1.04    09/12/2011     - Added missile tracking
                        - detection profiles
                        - Taking Fire alert per shooter suppression timer
                        -  use mist.message.add for alerts
                        ---- New sound files.

Edited by Draken35
updating file
  • Like 3

Version 1.03 is live. Details in the OP

Special thanks for @cfrag for the mentoring, code and ideas!

Next releases will include a customizable missile probabilities model per aircraft type and the ability to detect missiles in fly (currently the script only detects the launches).

Please, let me know if you find any bug and if somebody test v1.03  in multiplayer and let me know of the results, I would appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

@NatoAviator

The script was designed for multicrew aircraft but there are no coded restrictions. 

To add the Hornet to your mission, you need to either

1) add a ValidUnitType (The Hornet is 'FA-18C_hornet' I think. Capitalization is important)

2) add the unit name to the white list

image.png

either way you choose, it will need a detection parameters profile. So you will either modify the "default" one (which is set to not detect anything by default) or add one for the Hornet type

image.png

This is an example I use for a real two seater. It was "calculated" by seating in VR in both seats and looking around.

image.png

The folders are not really important, since the ME will load the sound and script files into the mission file (which is a zip file with a different extension) every time the "open" button of the "do script file" and play sounds trigger is clicked.

I use:

<drive>:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

<drive>:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Sounds

Edited by Draken35

• 3 weeks later...

It is compatible with all modules in DCS.

You can either add the unit name you are using to the whitelist or add the hind type (I don't own that module and don't know the name) to the valid unit types. In both cases you can use the default profile and tweak it at your leisure but if you add the Hind to the types list, you can also add a Hind specific profile. See the screenshots in the post above yours.