Have not flown the Mirage in a while, disappointed the A-A is not working right

Ramstein

A long time ago it worked, then it didn't, then was fixed, then not, then a large overhaul, and was suppose to be correct, and went through a long re-learning curve, now again, for the 5th time it is messed up... unless it is me. But I see other pilots also have posted recently, recent months, it is messed up... More specicially the radar is not seeing other places, and having problems locking them... I can't keep up... just disapointed and in my controls with the Warthog, looking to see what is going on. I thought he last overhaul was the big fix. What the heck is going on, 2x a year it is messed up... or is it me?

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

48 minutes ago, Ramstein said:

What the heck is going on, 2x a year it is messed up... or is it me?

Might be you, the A2A update is still WIP and hasn't dropped yet.

Without a track, it's hard to know if you're complaining about already known bugs or something else.

IMHO it's best to work with what we have and wait for the A2A rework (models different PRF's, radar modes, ground returns and a load of other stuff), it'll drop when it's done/ready.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

ok, I went through training for an hour,, and am back to firing A-A... and it is working, but again, retraining again... I hope it stays with the current settings... Some of the servers friends and squad fly on use the Mirage, so I can definetly use the knowledge in flying this when needed.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

It will not. The AA radar will be reworked to be much more simulative than it is right now. So expect some substantial changes in the next few months.

And by the way, are we really complaining? Flight simulation is all about learning new stuff, every single day. Complaining because you have to learn new things is just silly for me. I can't wait to get my hands on the update. It is just me, I guess.

Edited by =36=Witcher
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 1:06 AM, Ramstein said:

...it is messed up... or is it me?

Yes, it definitely changed, you cannot lock planes as easily anymore, especially low flying planes.

I had planes flying very low towards or away from me (full Doppler effect) at 10 miles. The radar didn't see them. Seems that especially the look-down capabilities suffered. And often enough the planes are not where the AWACS claimed to spot them,,,

Since I don't know the radar of the Mirage 2000C well enough I cannot tell if it is "messed up" or just more realistic now. So maybe describing your problem and kindly asking if this is normal is a better approach than suspecting a "messed up" DLC right away 😉

Edited by Lynnux

Hi @Lynnux,

The radar AA did not change in the last year at least, the effects you are seeing now are not new and were always there.

The upcoming radar update should be a more realistic presentation of the radar, but most of the symbology and commands currently implemented are correct and will not change. It's mainly the radar simulation that will change, and for the better.

I you still have issues, you can send me a tacview or a track so I can see if it's a bug or intended behavior, thanks.

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

"The radar AA did not change in the last year at least, the effects you are seeing now are not new and were always there."

Thanks for the clarification. As I wrote above, I don't consider this an issue. Obviously a wrong or changed perception on my side then...