This is awesome! Thank you ED!

SCPanda

16 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

It gave me quite a big push in good mood when i read this earlier. I have never hosted a (public) server myself because it was not possible to shape it the way i wanted (without flooding it with annoying scripts that somehow do the job half baked after all). If this evolves further, i will definitely start hosting a realism based server.

I would really love to see this being applied to other things too. Not immediately for sure but somewhere down the road.

I was particularly pissed when i saw how you slapped NVGs on the Hind, but on the other hand you gave that option in the ME to simply restrict it. Same with NS430. If you try to build some 80s (competitive) MP missions, these two are just venom you could not really stop from being used.

Absolutely wish for being able to allow/restrict NVG, NS430 use and things like 6 Mavs (not stations only, but also amount carried max.) and the like as an option for all aircraft. It would be great if these options were DCS standard.

If others build missions with everything in and they enjoys their overloaded CBU-105 trucks that barely make it off ground... i don't give a damn. But give others the option to stop that in the tracks right from the ME, without need to lock the server and hand pick folks. In the end, everyone will be happy.

Cheers ED, well played.

I couldn't agree more! :thumbup:

• Like 4

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 9/9/2021 at 6:02 PM, Desert Fox said:

I would really love to see this being applied to other things too.

Indeed: things such as HMCS, datalink, ...

• Like 4
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

3 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

Another thing being cool: @BIGNEWY did you think about an option to just allow selected pre-made loadouts (chosen in ME with a check mark from either the default loadouts or custom ones the mission designer saved)? This would restrict the rearm window to just those loadouts and also disallow customizing the pylons.

For what situation would that be useful though? Not trying to argue against it, just not sure for what it'd be useful. I play only SP and Coop/PvE. Would this be mroe relevant for competitive play?

Edited by twistking

2 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

[...]

Ok. i understand now. I would not use it, because i only play with closed groups and "that guy" is not so much of an issue then, but i see that it would come in handy in some situations. Maybe also a little bit useful for mission designers who publish their missions regularly and want some more control to enforce a certain way of play for whatever reason.

*edit* oh, i see the issue is solved anyway. (see post above)

Edited by twistking
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 3:02 AM, QuiGon said:

Well, it's not like the AI has their own mind and decideds by itself what weapons to take, but sure why not :lol:

a whole squadron of mig-21s just left Sochi. all carrying nukes. must me a bug in the mission editor.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain