Cockpit Builders have lost one of their own.

Warhog

I am very sad to report that Wayne LeFevre, know to us as MacFevre, a fellow cockpit builder, has passed.  He joined us in 2013 around the same time I became a member.  We often talked about our builds as they took shape and offered assistance to each other and the rest of the community whenever we had an opportunity.  Two years ago Wayne and his lovely wife Kristine paid us a visit here in Nova Scotia.  Wayne and I spent several days in my shop talking about cockpit building, programming, electronics and all that we had learned while building our cockpits.  He was an incredible person and I am so glad we were able to actually meet in person.   Thank you Wayne for all of your contributions to this community.  My most sincere condolences to his family.  

***********************************************************************************************************************

The following is an excerpt from facebook:

It is with intense sadness that the family of Wayne D. LeFevre would like to share that he has left this earth and has started a new journey. He left on September 4th, in the presence of his wife, Kristine, with a warm and loving send off by his children. Wayne will be missed by his family and friends but he will no longer be in pain and his 17+ year fight of chronic illness is finally over.
Wayne lived a full and happy life. In his younger years he was a competitive figure skater. He met Kristine when they were both in the Air Force. It was only 8 weeks between their first date and their wedding date that they were married. A marriage that lasted 33 wonderful and fun years. Wayne loved to travel, and was an avid reader. He was always there when you needed help with your computer. After the Air Force he went to work for Delta Airlines as a line mechanic. With this job, he and Kristine were able to travel and live in many areas of the country. Eventually, they settled in VT. He gave back to his community in various ways, filming the theatrical productions his children were in and distributing copies for the cast members, capturing the wonderful fairy houses, and taping interesting content for SAPA TV. He was heavily involved in the Boy Scouts, as a leader and mentor. He recently built a A10 Warthog Flight Simulator in his basement, combining modern technology and classic aircraft parts.
He is preceded in death by his kind and gentle father Peter Douglas LeFevre, and his loyal canine companions, Kimber and Jorgie.
He is survived by his amazing wife Kristine, and his awesome children Alex, Taylor and Kit, his excellent son in law Riley, and the light of his life, his grandson, Avery. His devoted mother Joy, and his loving siblings, Pete, Cynde, Carol and Mimi. At least 2 full soccer teams of nieces and nephews and their children. And last but not least, Susan, you know what you meant to Wayne and the role you played in his life.
Wayne.jpg

More information is available from  https://www.facebook.com/DavisMemorialChapel/

Edited by Warhog
  • Like 2

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Death is not the end. It's just another door to go trough. Rest in peace, sir.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Wayne his wife and son stopped by and during a vacation to Yellowstone National park it was a pleasure to meet him and his family we spent an afternoon in the pit and discussing cockpit building. He will be missed. 

• Like 1

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

• 1 month later...