Viggen Videos

Rover

I just have to share this interesting interview with some awesome (and slightly scary) footage from cold war era Swedish air force.

Maybe this could be a collection thread for this kind of videos?

English text is available!

Edited by Rover

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

On one hand interviews with someone who was there are always fun; on the other hand I deeply despise these popular military history channels. They have no interest in actual history, they just shovel out polished and "cool" but poorly researched content using other people's source material for the sweet ad revenue.

In this case almost all the raw Lansen footage shown is taken directly from this video:

Which is just a compilation of some guy's personal 8mm film recordings from the 60's, which are used uncredited, and quite probably without permission as well. Quite a bit of work went into restoring and publishing this and it may even be copyrighted still.

For some actual content, here's some more personal pilot recordings that have popped up over the last few years:

This is from the last days of the Viggen and as such some of the highest quality footage of the Viggen in actual operation that I am aware of. All JA 37 though.

This is the only footage of a Viggen dogfight exercise that I know of (apart from some very short clips from this on the same channel). Also JA 37, of course.

Edited by renhanxue
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...