Mossie Mondays...are they done?

dmwierz

9 hours ago, rkk01 said:

If next Wed is release date, then perhaps we get a weapons vid on Monday…???

AKA - “How to fly an iron bomb through the front window”…! 🤣

Who said next Wednesday is release day? I haven't heard that.

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

9 hours ago, dmwierz said:

Who said next Wednesday is release day? I haven't heard that.

The gods at Steam have September 15 as a release date. However the gods higher up the mountain at DCS may adjust that date as they see fit.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

31 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

15th is also the first Wed (open beta day) after close of the Channel / Mossie bundle offer

True, also if a possible planned release on the 15th had been delayed it would have made sense for ED to extend this deal for a few weeks which hasn't happened. It ended on Thursday as scheduled. I would have also thought ED would have changed the steam placeholder date by now if there was another delay in the wind, which again as far as I'm aware hasn't happened yet. 

So... fingers crossed for next Wednesday the 15th then...

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

27 minutes ago, bart said:

True, also if a possible planned release on the 15th had been delayed it would have made sense for ED to extend this deal for a few weeks which hasn't happened. It ended on Thursday as scheduled. I would have also thought ED would have changed the steam placeholder date by now if there was another delay in the wind, which again as far as I'm aware hasn't happened yet. 

So... fingers crossed for next Wednesday the 15th then...

I don't know ED policies,  as this is the first time I'm here for a release as I only got into DCS 3 months back. But I do know from other "smaller" developers they will often keep the planned release on steam until the very last hour (literally) only to push the release by, days, weeks or months at the very moment it was supposed to be released. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 hour ago, Gunfreak said:

I don't know ED policies,  as this is the first time I'm here for a release as I only got into DCS 3 months back. But I do know from other "smaller" developers they will often keep the planned release on steam until the very last hour (literally) only to push the release by, days, weeks or months at the very moment it was supposed to be released. 

Been around here since the Flanker 2.0 days, 20 years. Being realistic things have always pretty much been as you suggest. ED are a small team with partners, people are spread across Asia, Europe, the US. They have commercial contracts also, so we never really know what’s going on that area, but it can affect delivery of their consumer stuff. Sometimes it’s positive as commercial contracts lead to surprise consumer modules, sometimes stuff just doesn’t materialise and is never mentioned again… However no-one else is providing combat sim content with this level of detail, so EDs stuff is unique.

At least at this point there’s plenty of content to enjoy while we are waiting 🙂

Edited by Mogster

• Like 1

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

7 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

In fact, it can be released at the beginning of this month. I don't know why it is still being delayed. After all, the original plan is to release between April and June this year.

Quite simple really - it's not ready yet. The original due date is irrelevant - If it's not ready, it won't be released. 

• Like 1

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

7 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

In fact, it can be released at the beginning of this month. I don't know why it is still being delayed. After all, the original plan is to release between April and June this year.

When you know not what you talk about, it's best to say nothing at all.

• Like 3

Well, on a lighter note it looks as if we all may end the week on a happier note!!

Edited by bart
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, huchanronaa said:
  • Quote from steam:Linking the release of DCS: Mosquito FB VI with the release of the DCS UPDATE program, and finally leading to the delay of the release of DCS: Mosquito is really a stupid practice

Steam can quote all they like,they are not the developers of this module and map,their suggestions are totally not relevant......if the update is not ready,it's not ready.....ED are the developers here not Steam,and they will release the update how and when they like,all other parties getting bent out of shape regarding this have no significance.

• Like 2

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

3 hours ago, huchanronaa said:
  • Quote from steam:Linking the release of DCS: Mosquito FB VI with the release of the DCS UPDATE program, and finally leading to the delay of the release of DCS: Mosquito is really a stupid practice

Unless the release of the Mosquito is dependent on features that are required by the Mossie but are not unique to it and not currently part of DCS world... Without the patch, the Mossie simply wouldn't work. ED know what they're doing - leave them to it. 

• Like 1

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

• ED Team

People need to understand it is impossible to release a new module if the patch is not ready. The module is not backwards compatible, it simply wont work on your current version, the patch is required. 

Mossie videos will continue. 

thanks 

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 9/15/2021 at 8:56 AM, huchanronaa said:

"On fact", the original plan was release mosquito on Q1 2021.

DCS: Mosquito FB MK.VI

Our first new product of 2021 will be the impressive Mosquito. This will be our first multi-engine, multi-crew World War II aircraft for DCS World, and it will mark an important capability for future projects. The Mosquito is planned to be released into early access by the end of the 1st quarter of 2021.

But that was thrown away when Nick Grey order a complete rework of the Mosquito FB.IV external model. DCS has plans, no write on stone and subject to change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rkk01 said:

🤔

Doesn’t read with the professionalism that would be expected from a commercial platform…

Is that from Steam or from the Steam forums…?!

ROFL......No it's not from Steam.

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home