Engine Torgue modelled?

fapador

Is engine torgue represented dynamically in all the range of rpm's? because in reality it has a peak at the middle range and drops at higher rpm reducing  p factor at full throttle. Currently it seems its pretty linear. You open throttle and torgue effect raises even more at higher rpm.

Obsessed with FM's

RPM governor is linked with throttle once you pull throttle back rpm drops as well as MAP, no way that torques is going up in that case. 

You can try using manual prop setting and you will see that torque will increase with increase of throttle at constant rpm and and torque will effect plane more while decreasing RPM while MAP stay constant, but it is quite hard since you have to manually keep rpm constant.

You can easy check it in allied planes which have rpm governor separated from throttle

Edited by grafspee
  • Thanks 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

@grafspeeNot quite what I am asking. I understand how the throttle and governor works on a constant speed propeller. I am asking if an engine torgue and prop load model is present or if the engine is charted properly (relationship) because It seems very simplistic currently or I am  not sure if it exists at all.

Edited by fapador

Obsessed with FM's

A far as i know it is modeled correctly within reasonable accuracy.

I'm not exactly sure what do you mean that engine torque not exists at all.

Again what is middle in rpm range ?

P-factor is related to asymmetric thrust due to high AOA how engine rpm can reduce it or increase it, not quite sure i can understand that.

If you retard throttle in K-4 it will reduce power and it will reduce P-factor but same thing with constant speed units, less throttle less P-factor.

Edited by grafspee
  • Thanks 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor