CH47 Chinook, flyable, clickable, EFM

CH47 Chinook  flyable, clickable, EFM ....... etc. etc.

********************* UPDATE*************************

Go to the discord channel mentioned later in this discussion to download the updated mod

or here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1enWBT7gDp_Ia1iwNI1umloHw1rAM-x6W/view?usp=sharing

cargo paras.jpg

ch47 cockpit.jpg

CH47desert.jpg

guns agogo.jpg

paras.jpg

ramp down.jpg

specops.jpg

specops2.jpg

Edited by Dweeeeb
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 11

Ok mate I have to congratulate you and say thanks as well, as this is a very well done mod, and it's fun both to fly and fight. Really good work.

If you want some feedback, only problem until know is that rear wheels turn when I apply rudder. Not that impportant, but maybe you can fix it easily.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Can I ask advice on setting up controls. I use the Hotas Warthog with the collective being in reverse on my Right Throttle. But the Chinook, will hardly lift when I use it and the animation of the collective show's I'm lifting then dumping it? 

Also the pedals, have the MFG Crosswinds and the aircraft is rolling left or right almost as soon as I lift off....doing a short circular hop and then lying on my side?

I have no problem with the UH-1, ka50 etc, So what am I doing wrong?   LOVE THE MODEL

Any hints appreciated

3 minutes ago, flyingscotsman said:

Can I ask advice on setting up controls. I use the Hotas Warthog with the collective being in reverse on my Right Throttle. But the Chinook, will hardly lift when I use it and the animation of the collective show's I'm lifting then dumping it? 

Also the pedals, have the MFG Crosswinds and the aircraft is rolling left or right almost as soon as I lift off....doing a short circular hop and then lying on my side?

I have no problem with the UH-1, ka50 etc, So what am I doing wrong?   LOVE THE MODEL

Any hints appreciated

it might be a joystick def thing.....!!!!!!! look in the folder "C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\CH47 Chinook\Input\Ch47_Chinook\joystick" ....there is a folder "bak"...... where I put all the main joystick defs....... copy and paste them all back into the joystick folder

1 hour ago, anooos said:

Great work on the mod. any chance for skin template?

Dude.... I dont know how to do the skin templates..... If you are able to do one I will include it in the files?

6 hours ago, flyingscotsman said:

Any hints appreciated

Im getting the same issues on collective and throttle assigned to my Warthog, no issue on any other helo.

Hi Dweeb,

Thanks for replying. Tried that and still ended up on my face and left rolling. So put +20 curves, deadspace 6  on the joystick, and pedals. Put it in the air and it didn't roll over.

So now playing with my curves and trying to bring it in for a landing. Thoroughly enjoying it, RAF Chinook in grey green of course, show's how old I am haha. but really enjoyed my time alongside the Chinooks whilst I was in the mob, so thanks for an excellent model, and support 

HI Dweeb, Still struggling. Can start in the air and with adjustments to curves I can land it. 

Still have a problem that the collective, my right throttle on HOTAS Warthog, only has the latter 1/2 of it's 'play' that is effective, the visuals of the collective seem to come up until the 1/2 way, then go down for the other 1/2.  Visuals are not the most important.

However if I start from the ground the collective even at max is not lifting the aircraft off the ground, any adjustment around there then gets it to hop on it's front wheels and the aircraft rotates around the front ...stuck on the ground wheels and roll over to the right. By moving the collective I can scrape it up and down the runway, but it will not fly from there.

Must be my set up, no 2 pc's are the same. 

Anyone else got anything similar....lots to play with here. 

But if I start in the air, it's great fun, and thanks 

23 hours ago, Dweeeeb said:

it might be a joystick def thing.....!!!!!!! look in the folder "C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\CH47 Chinook\Input\Ch47_Chinook\joystick" ....there is a folder "bak"...... where I put all the main joystick defs....... copy and paste them all back into the joystick folder

Dude.... I dont know how to do the skin templates..... If you are able to do one I will include it in the files?

Great work, i love the mod.

I wonder if you would give me your permission to make some Spanish skins and share them.

• Like 1

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

I wonder if you would give me your permission to make some Spanish skins and share them.

As the keeper of the mod files, (he has given them to me for safe keeping)

I strongly suggest you DO!

If you send them to me, I will include them in the next release.

We are putting together a team to work on, and fix/improve the Helicopter.

I will post new versions as they become available in this thread.

An UV map and an AO should be very helpful for make template.

This is being worked on as well. We want a template to release for all to use!

Cheers!

He did a awesome job!

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 3

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

1 hour ago, Hawkeye60 said:

As the keeper of the mod files, (he has given them to me for safe keeping)

I strongly suggest you DO!

If you send them to me, I will include them in the next release.

We are putting together a team to work on, and fix/improve the Helicopter.

I will post new versions as they become available in this thread.

This is being worked on as well. We want a template to release for all to use!

Cheers!

He did a awesome job!

Great news.

I get to work on the skins.

Thank you so much guys :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

On 9/12/2021 at 1:58 PM, flyingscotsman said:

HI Dweeb, Still struggling. Can start in the air and with adjustments to curves I can land it. 

Still have a problem that the collective, my right throttle on HOTAS Warthog, only has the latter 1/2 of it's 'play' that is effective, the visuals of the collective seem to come up until the 1/2 way, then go down for the other 1/2.  Visuals are not the most important.

However if I start from the ground the collective even at max is not lifting the aircraft off the ground, any adjustment around there then gets it to hop on it's front wheels and the aircraft rotates around the front ...stuck on the ground wheels and roll over to the right. By moving the collective I can scrape it up and down the runway, but it will not fly from there.

Must be my set up, no 2 pc's are the same. 

Anyone else got anything similar....lots to play with here. 

But if I start in the air, it's great fun, and thanks 

I'm having the same trouble with the collective.  Everything else seems to be working properly.

GR video included:

Thanks for the great work...or should I say I regret getting the Huey. 😛  Anyway, will there be on-going development to improve the chopter?

Thanks again.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Hola chicos 

He instalado el C-47 Chinook , he aplicado los valores de las curvas aconsejados en el post , y no hay manera que me eleve con èl 

Lo ùltimo que me falta es como dice aquì el compañero 01G8R, que aparezca en el aire , y tratar de aterrizarlo , a ver que tal 

We are making a CH-47 discord. And a team. We are looking for people to assist in its development and improvement. Coders, Skinner's and anything else you can bring to the table. If you have any interest in making it the best CH-47 in the sim, PM me. Discord invite will be provided. Thanks for your attention! Cheers!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

4 hours ago, STABROSS said:

Hola chicos 

He instalado el C-47 Chinook , he aplicado los valores de las curvas aconsejados en el post , y no hay manera que me eleve con èl 

Lo ùltimo que me falta es como dice aquì el compañero 01G8R, que aparezca en el aire , y tratar de aterrizarlo , a ver que tal 

Hola Stabross.

No se si sera tu problema, pero espero solucionarlo.

Verifica que en la parte izquierda arriba te sle un mensage diciendote que pases de "ECL to FLT"

Para hacer esto veras unas palancas en el pedestal de arriba, pasalas a la posicion de delante "FLT"

Despues deberas poner las rpm al 100% con la tecla PGUP, el repag de toda la vida.

Una vez has metido el 100% de rpm quita el freno que lo tienes delante y abajo, una palanca con un pomo blanco.

Ya deberias poder elevarte con el colectivo, de no ser asi, borra el ejuste de eje y vuelve a asignarle un eje al colectivo.

Espero te sirva de ayuda :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

We are making a CH-47 discord. And a team. We are looking for people to assist in its development and improvement. Coders, Skinner's and anything else you can bring to the table. If you have any interest in making it the best CH-47 in the sim, PM me. Discord invite will be provided. Thanks for your attention! Cheers!

You have a MP :thumbup:

My skins