Get Course of Carrier

asparagin
Go to solution Solved by oldcrusty,

Hi everyone,

is there a way to obtain the course data of the carrier? (for e.g. by radio?;  not talking about via editor)

Thanks!

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

On 9/11/2021 at 2:59 PM, Gripes323 said:

Make sure your on the correct freq. (by default 127.5) then from the the pulldown menu select ATC/carrier's name/Inbound and listen for 'BRC' number in the clearance.

Thanks, will pay attention next time to teh BRC call.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

• 4 months later...

Assuming you're on the deck awaiting launch, calling inbound is undesirable. What would be normal for an aircrew here? Just set to instruments plus offset once on the cat? In DCS the PLAT cam is a nice workaround. I'd still like to know how it really happens. Or otherwise have more info on comms before launch.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Assuming you're on the deck awaiting launch, calling inbound is undesirable. What would be normal for an aircrew here? Just set to instruments plus offset once on the cat? In DCS the PLAT cam is a nice workaround. I'd still like to know how it really happens. Or otherwise have more info on comms before launch.

Consider that when you're on the deck, not moving, your motion is only the carrier's motion. So, your ground track symbol will be pointing down on the BRC.
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

On 1/18/2022 at 1:46 AM, iantron said:

Is that a hornet thing? I'm not sure if I'd be able to see that digitally in the Tomcat... Maybe on the TID.

In the Tomcat you are kinda screwed since the Nav system points somewhere die to the magnetic disturbance. Might dial in the heading in DG mode but not sure if it is worth it 

• Like 1

Yeah that's exactly the problem for the Tomcat. DG mode could work except I think I'd have to have it enabled during alignment. Otherwise the heading will already have adjusted to the local magnetic environment. I think. Perhaps if I finish alignment on the cat?