Waiting for my new toy!

Skkuda

Well......it´s not the black shark russian version...that for sure you all thought!

Instead of messing with this "kindacrazy" transaction to get this game, I close my eyes and via credit card went to naturalpoint website an bought track Ir 4 Pro with TrackClip PRO.

Yes I Know someone is going to tell me that for free I could get freetrack....but i´m a really inoperant and lazy person to make this led thing to work with this software.

I Hope to get this new toy just in time with the demo (Wags please in a very polite manner as always...dont´forget what you wrote few posts ago..."Sooner than that")

What really get me to do that (Buy Track Ir4) is because of watching and watching the producers notes I realize the immersion that you get with this piece of hardware.

Fingers crossed to get it quick.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic56197_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 Black Edition@3.2Ghz

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO 6Ghz DDR3 1033

NVidia Geforce GTX 570 hd1280 Mb GDDR5

You'll get it, you'll be disappointed at first, then you'll learn how to configure it properly for given game that it actually will start to be usefull, not disturbing and then you'll start to try to move everything that can be moved with your head, even if it doesn't support TIR or you don't have it on your head at the moment :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As Havner says don't give up. I got it, thought it was ok, but spending about half an hour on each game fine tuning it for that particular game (don't try and make a generic profile like I did, it won't end well) makes it something else. In LOMAC it's good, you will miss it when it's not there, in FS (and I assume BS) it's essential, no two ways about it, flying without it feels like your flying with a toilet roll over each eye.

Two tips for you, pause and precision mode (not sure they keys as they are bound to my x52 now). They cause the TIR to pause or go into effectivly slow motion, this enables you to have the ability to quikcly look around your cockpit in dog fights, but also a more natural (slower) movement when not.

I imagine the pause will be very usefull in BS and is usefull in FSX with the 3D clickable cockpits. At least in FS, when you put the mouse curser in the middle of the screen and then move your head the curser stays in the middle of the screen and not where you put the curser in a 2D plane of 3D space. So this can make pressing buttons in a 3D cockpit tricky, especially if they are the extremes of your movement as you will be moving your head ever so slightly, pausing TIR stops the movement, enabling you to click with ease, un pausing it picks up the readings again and points where your looking.

If you have a programable joystick I suggest you map the Pause, Precision Mode and reset button all to it.

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got Trackir4 its über cool, very fun to run around in Arma with it ;) the only crit is that they dont think that Linux is important and dont develope a Linux driver for that hardware, pity when I actually play 90% in Linux, and I do miss it there. ( X-Plane 9 )

I did FreeTrack and I am very happy. It is stable, not any problems and costed up to $5 :D

Only is need some one hour work that's all ;)

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

DTDW.......I will copy your advises since I will need all the info posible for fine tunning in Lomac Flaming Cliff, Black Shark (When demo comes out) and Flight Simulator X.

Thanks to everyone

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic56197_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 Black Edition@3.2Ghz

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO 6Ghz DDR3 1033

NVidia Geforce GTX 570 hd1280 Mb GDDR5

the only crit is that they dont think that Linux is important and dont develope a Linux driver for that hardware, pity when I actually play 90% in Linux, and I do miss it there. ( X-Plane 9 )

So true... :(

X-Plane 9 Linux fan here as well

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I Brought a Trackir pro ver4 you get the best of both worlds with the pro.

Example you can use your golf cap with the reflector device or use the headphone connector.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Well......it´s not the black shark russian version...that for sure you all thought!

Instead of messing with this "kindacrazy" transaction to get this game, I close my eyes and via credit card went to naturalpoint website an bought track Ir 4 Pro with TrackClip PRO.

Yes I Know someone is going to tell me that for free I could get freetrack....but i´m a really inoperant and lazy person to make this led thing to work with this software.

I Hope to get this new toy just in time with the demo (Wags please in a very polite manner as always...dont´forget what you wrote few posts ago..."Sooner than that")

What really get me to do that (Buy Track Ir4) is because of watching and watching the producers notes I realize the immersion that you get with this piece of hardware.

Fingers crossed to get it quick.

I made the leap also, just ordered mine on friday. I'll have it by tuesday. Naturalpoint already sent me a tracking number :thumbup: No DCS to try it out on but I dusted off ARMA and reinstalled it. Going to try it on LOMAC also to get a feel for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

I think TrackIR is a must have for flight sim fans. It takes a little getting used to, but theres no going back once youve experianced TrackIR.

When your flying low around a target area with flak everywhere, and your banking hard dumping flares to avoid an incoming misile, your eyes are still firmly fixed on your enemy throughout the turn, with a 30mm chain gun slaved to your LOS :) TrackIR rocks :D (Comments relate to EECH1/EECH2)

Im not sure on the full impact of TrackIR in DCS:BS, but i suspect navigating a fully clickable KA50 pit while flying under fire would be somewhat difficult without TrackIR or Freetrack.

I ordered mine last Friday hoping to have it Sat...not here yet but fingers crossed the postman will be knocking very soon today!

I am a little concerned from reading this thread that it will need a lot of messing around to set up correctly?

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

you should not have to do that much tweaking. F12 all the way.:music_whistling:

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I am a little concerned from reading this thread that it will need a lot of messing around to set up correctly?

It will run straight away with very little effort. Just install the software and drivers. Then make sure there is no bright light or reflective surfaces such as glass covered pictures, mirrors, sunlight behind you, that may cause it to freeze.

Other than that if you find the rotation inflight is to fast, there is some curves you can edit to settle things down and offer a full FOV with realistic head movement.

It's easy Gary, different games re-act differently. Once you know what your doing it probably takes about 10-30 minutes to setup a game properly, but once that's done that's it. I am including the time it takes to do everything, including load times.

It takes far longer to setup a HOTAS properly and this is just as important.

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DTWD,

Thanks...my Hotas is nearly there, had some calibration issues but hopefully sorted now..

I'm happy to spend the time and effort setting up this type of thing if the rewards are worth it, which they certainly are for a Hotas set up.....and judging by the replies it seems TIR will be too....

I did purchase a pair of the original EDimensions googles....does anyone remember them?....sort of pair of sunglasses, conected to the pc via a lead that gave a 3D effect....

Regards,

Gary

Well guys I have just recieved my Tir pro....

Not managed to set it yet...first impressions are the quick start documentation isnt brilliant...comes with both a baseball cap clip and the pro clip....spent first twenty mins reading the quickstart trying to figure out what went where before it dawned on me that you use either one or the other, not both...lol

Loaded the software and drivers, launched BS...nothing!

Before anyone shouts RTFM dont worry, I will, but if anyone is on here who can help in the meantime that would be great...

Do I need to create a specific BS profile and it doesnt come with one preloaded?

Regards,

Gary