Weapons sometimes cannot be selected from stores page?

Savvy

I fly the Harrier quite a bit and have noticed that sometimes after takeoff, I can't select any of the weapons from the stores page.

It shows the stores under the wing locations but none of the weapon names accross the top of the MFD, so I can't select/activate them.

Sometimes I notice all the weapon stations under the wings have boxes around them.

Is this something I'm *sometimes* doing wrong during my cold start, or is it a failure, or a known issue?

I've also noticed that sometimes the Laser Mav E gets stuck while searching for the laser, the search cross just gets stuck in one position and stops tracking left/right - then it can't be uncaged/caged to reset. Again not sure if I'm doing something wrong, there doesn't seem to be much info on how to do this correctly now that it's changed?

I fly the Harrier quite a bit and have noticed that sometimes after takeoff, I can't select any of the weapons from the stores page.
It shows the stores under the wing locations but none of the weapon names accross the top of the MFD, so I can't select/activate them.

Sometimes I notice all the weapon stations under the wings have boxes around them.

Is this something I'm *sometimes* doing wrong during my cold start, or is it a failure, or a known issue?

I've also noticed that sometimes the Laser Mav E gets stuck while searching for the laser, the search cross just gets stuck in one position and stops tracking left/right - then it can't be uncaged/caged to reset. Again not sure if I'm doing something wrong, there doesn't seem to be much info on how to do this correctly now that it's changed?

Haven’t flown the harrier for a bit, but one thing I do know is that you can only have 2 types of AG weapons onboard. Is it possible you’ve been mixing more than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ricktoberfest said:

Haven’t flown the harrier for a bit, but one thing I do know is that you can only have 2 types of AG weapons onboard. Is it possible you’ve been mixing more than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually that could be it! I'll do some testing next time I'm on there but it sound like that could be the problem.

Thanks very much!

4 hours ago, ricktoberfest said:

Haven’t flown the harrier for a bit, but one thing I do know is that you can only have 2 types of AG weapons onboard

Not sure this is correct. The TACMAN states: "in the A/G master mode... and a weapon delivery program for each of up to four weapon types ... plus the fuselage gun" (vol. 1, 1.14.3.1). I'm pretty sure I've used more than 2 types of weapon before (e.g., LJDAM, LMAV, and APKWS).

• Like 1

right at the end of the rearming process your plane gets ‚programmed‘ by the ground crew what types of ordenances it is carrying.

If you move before the full rearming finishes stuff like this can happen.

Please post a track of what you are doing to make this menu not show up, and we can surely point you into the right direction. Without a track we can only ‚guess‘ what might ne the cause

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Shiroka said:

Not sure this is correct. The TACMAN states: "in the A/G master mode... and a weapon delivery program for each of up to four weapon types ... plus the fuselage gun" (vol. 1, 1.14.3.1). I'm pretty sure I've used more than 2 types of weapon before (e.g., LJDAM, LMAV, and APKWS).

Agreed...I just flew with Sidearm, LMAV, and JDAM, with gun pod and TPOD.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

I had the issue twice online, my IR Mav refused to be ready, normally you wait 60 seconds and you can uncage them, but here i couldnt find a way to get them ready, they remained in standby forever.

I think that it is possible that it is because i re-armed on the carrier after a sortie the second time, i dont think i had the chocks on and engine off when it loaded the IR MAvs. The loadout was 2 IR Mavs, 2 Jdams, lightning, ecm and gun pod, 2 sidearms.

When the carrier is turning, sometimes the ground chief tells " hey what are you doing?" even though you are stationary, so perhaps this could mess up the weapon loading?

Or else i may be unaware of a crucial step to get them ready? I select AG mode, master arm on, box the IR Mav in the stores menu,  click the tone option in the lower left above the STBY or RDY status then I start the stopwatch waiting for 60 seconds before i can uncage.

Edited by Fynek

On 9/14/2021 at 2:56 PM, Wisky said:

right at the end of the rearming process your plane gets ‚programmed‘ by the ground crew what types of ordenances it is carrying.

If you move before the full rearming finishes stuff like this can happen.

Please post a track of what you are doing to make this menu not show up, and we can surely point you into the right direction. Without a track we can only ‚guess‘ what might ne the cause

Thanks for the info, I haven't been able to recreate it so can't save the track unfortunately. Typical; when you're trying to break something it works perfectly, even the laser Mav has been fine since I've been keeping an eye on it.

But what you've described could be the problem. It's only happened online where I tend to be rushing through things.

I see if I can recreate it it tonight.

I tried loading more than 2 A2G as Rick mentioned above (Sidearm, GB38, GBU12 and 2x Mav-Es) weapons but that seemed to work fine.

My apologies, everything works correctly as it was an error on my part as i did not use the IR cool switch apparently because when I prepare the IR Mavericks on the ground and activate it, they get ready on time so let me take back my previous post, I have no issues with weapon selection.  

Edited by Fynek