AJS-37 Viggen 16-2 Red Flag Campaign 2nd (obsolete) version is being removed.

Docsnuggles

Actually I got the notice that it will be deleted, I just started it. Does anyone know what is happening here? The rest of my 80+ modules are fine.

2021-09-14 08_45_48-Window.png

ADMIN EDIT: I was so free and edited the title, so folks do not get scared about the campaign disappearing (which it won't). For all of you who are just catching up: we are simply removing a redundant version to save disk space, but you will still find the campaign in your Viggen campaign folder as part of the module. 🙂 ~IronMike

Edited by IronMike
Title Edit by IronMike

Yes, apparently ED/Heatblurr finally got this right! Yes, i bought it too, but this dlc campaign has become totally redundant last year (or even 2019) when Heatblur added this campaign to the actual Viggen module to fulfill their promise for a full featured campaign. I reckon they figured it was the most sensible scenario for the Viggen on the currently available DCS terrains, and it was probably cheaper to make a deal with Bunyap/ED than to develop something separate.

I have been asking for removing this redundant for 1.5years and they finally did. Probably a good sign for them really trying to finish the Viggen overthe next couple of months. So you have not lost anything...except you now save 500mb on your harddrive for not having that campaign installed twice.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sc_neo said:

ctual Viggen module to fulfill their promise for a full featured campaign. I reckon they figured it was the most sensible scenario for the Viggen on the currently available DCS terrains, and it was probably cheaper to make a deal with Bunyap/ED than to develop something separate.

Correction: HB did this in addition to the full campaign they released, which is set in Caucasus and is a continuation of the mini-campaign

• Like 1

I have payed for this and it was deleted. Before deleting an info would be great to let the users know what is going on. Still deleting a campaign without a message why this has happend is not the way I like personally. 

Will there be an other campaign instead of the deleted one for the "have payed" customers, later?

Please let me know more about it!

Afaik they promised, and thats what is listed on the store page aswell, several campaings including one placed on NTTR:

from the store page:

• Caucasus campaign*
  • Mini NTTR DACT campaign*
  • Mini Caucasus introduction campaign.*
  • Instant action and single player missions

That mini NTTR campaign was than replaced with the already existing and sold DLC campaign by Bunyap. Anyway, i did not have an issue with it, we got other good stuff later on that was not part and parcel of the initial module specs, so i am not complaining.

@razer668 But why, you still have access to that campaign, it is part of the module that you have payed for. Fire up dcs and check the Viggen campaign section, its still there. You don't have it as a redundant DLC folder anymore though. But the exact same files exist on your hdd. Despite, since it is part of the module it has no DRM anymore so you could in therory make it a coop campaign without having to edit files outside the ME to get it working.

Edited by sc_neo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, razer668 said:

I have payed for this and it was deleted. Before deleting an info would be great to let the users know what is going on. Still deleting a campaign without a message why this has happend is not the way I like personally. 

If you had the DLC campaign installed you effectively had two copies of it. One as a DLC campaign and the other in the Viggen/Campaigns folder. Heatblur effectively purchased the campaign from ED, which is why it went off the store page and as part of the Viggen module itself. You still have it. 

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Indeed guys, as Grimes posted the measure is simply to save you all disk space. It will remain part of the module of course, however it would be a waste to keep 2 versions, since disk space is already something scarce to come by in regards to simulators.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• IronMike changed the title to AJS-37 Viggen 16-2 Red Flag Campaign 2nd (obsolete) version is being removed.

Personally, I think it's outrageous. First you can pay for the campaign, then it is simply decided that it will be added to the Viggen module as a free addition. And those (including me) who have paid for it will not even be compensated / received or credit or anything like that. Instead, you are only advised to contact ED support. Say: "The customer is again the stupid ..." 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

23 hours ago, kotor633 said:

Personally, I think it's outrageous. First you can pay for the campaign, then it is simply decided that it will be added to the Viggen module as a free addition. And those (including me) who have paid for it will not even be compensated / received or credit or anything like that. Instead, you are only advised to contact ED support. Say: "The customer is again the stupid ..." 

How so? Did you not get your money's worth? It was long after it released that we bought it, thinking it would be a good thing to make it available to all our customers subsequently. What would you contact ED support about? It is not uncommon that things that initially cost something, become free later on. Your purchase supported not us, but a great campaign developer, whom we supported even further, by purchasing the campaign altogether. And no one is taking the campaign away from you.

I am sorry, but I fail to see how that leaves you as "the customer is again the stupid." You got exactly what you paid for, and only later it became free to others (even if you might begrudge them for that), it is not as if it was planned to make it a free campaign from the get go and to lead you on. So why do you feel you should be compensated? If ED compensated everyone who bought it beforehand, it would seriously hurt Bunyap in what he rightfully earned and raise the price to a level where we maybe would not have purchased it, again hurting his overall sales, which in my opinion are a worthy support for a worthy campaign developer. What we did is secure him further income for a campaign that likely would not have continued with the sales as on initial release and make it available for a rather small number of ppl who would play it subsequently to our purchase. It does not make your purchase less valid/necessary, so that he can continue doing what he does.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 5

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

On 9/15/2021 at 7:19 AM, kotor633 said:

Bridges sometimes work like this. This one became toll free in 1994, 19 years after it opened. Do you think drivers that had to pay for its passage demanded a refund? 

Another comparison: you bought whatever graphics card 3 years ago for 800 bucks. One can now find the same product for 200 bucks. Are you gooing to ask for a refund?

You seem to express jealousy towards players enjoying this campaign freely. Well, maybe they're jealous of you because you were able to enjoy it several years before they do.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Ah i see, this is the kind of direction it should go now. The disgruntled, jealous customer who doesn't allow the others to do it ... Well then all campaigns, modules and maps should be free after a certain period of time. It will be interesting to see these reactions from those who have shopped at ED so far. Conversely, does that mean that we all have to expect that what is paid will be free in the future? Is that what is meant by that?
I know that Bunyap does good campaigns, I bought 2 more from him. And what, please, is supposed to seriously injure the developer of the campaign? Or degrading? If you ask around a little in the forum and see the positive feedback he has received for his previous campaigns. Are you serious?
It is a fact: The Red Flag for the Viggen was offered for sale for around 10 euros(or dollars?). There were customers who paid for it. Only to find out a few months later that this campaign will be available free of charge for Viggen in the future. Simply that way. I now have the same campaign twice for a module. And what benefit do I get from this?
And what do bridge tolls have to do with it? If a toll is paid then the bridge, motorway, whatever can be preserved / renovated with it and remain accessible for the common good. Oh yes: I bought Falcon 4.0 and Allied Forces back then. Now I can enjoy it on Falcon BMS for free. I'm even happy about that, even though I turned to the Falcon 4.0 99 D-Markt at the time. And where, if you please, did a market price drop for a product take place? Almost everyone is aware that a new product initially costs more. By the way, you don't only see this with graphics cards. And is not part of what my statement relates to. What do you want to prove with these statements?

• Like 1

It's very simple. "If I can't have thing X, nobody should get thing X. If others benefit from thing Y, me not benefiting from thing Y is outrageous" is an overly simplistic opinion that fails to take into account how the world works. If you fail to grasp that, then frankly any further conversation is a waste of time and patience.

Edited by TLTeo

5 hours ago, kotor633 said:

What do you want to prove with these statements?

The campaign isn't free today either. We are paying for everyone who came afterwards, unfortunately you are one of those whom we did not pay for. It is not like Bunyap just decided "it is free now". We had to pay for that, and that is our perogative. Sorry that it did not include you, and that you do not see how you got your money's worth out of it, while playing it before we decided to pay for the (rather few) ppl who would come to enjoy it afterwards and contrary to you, were not able to play it before.

Heatblur Simulations

5 hours ago, kotor633 said:

Well then all campaigns, modules and maps should be free after a certain period of time.

That logic is flawed, because we are not willing to pay for all campaigns, modules and maps. Someone still needs to pay for all of that... Again, we had to pay for it to become free.

Heatblur Simulations

vor 2 Stunden schrieb TLTeo:

It's very simple. "If I can't have thing X, nobody should get thing X. If others benefit from thing Y, me not benefiting from thing Y is outrageous" is an overly simplistic opinion that fails to take into account how the world works. If you fail to grasp that, then frankly any further conversation is a waste of time and patience.

???

It's nice that you pay for it. You also wanted to add this campaign to the Viggen module. So that everyone who buys this module now can play this campaign and not have to buy it separately. It's okay. And the developer of the campaign is sure to be happy about it. But it still doesn't change the fact that those who bought the campaign back then also paid for it. Then, by the way, to find out that you could have saved yourself, even if it was only a few euros / dollars that the campaign had cost. If only one would have waited a bit.
You write "Someone still needs to pay for all of that" -> Exactly that is still us customers.  

4 hours ago, kotor633 said:

It's nice that you pay for it. You also wanted to add this campaign to the Viggen module. So that everyone who buys this module now can play this campaign and not have to buy it separately. It's okay. And the developer of the campaign is sure to be happy about it. But it still doesn't change the fact that those who bought the campaign back then also paid for it. Then, by the way, to find out that you could have saved yourself, even if it was only a few euros / dollars that the campaign had cost. If only one would have waited a bit.
You write "Someone still needs to pay for all of that" -> Exactly that is still us customers.  

Again, bud, we could not have afforded to buy it and to make it free, without you guys paying for it initially (and it wasnt even planned in that manner at all). It is not like we are floating in money. But this move did two basic things: a) it allowed Bunyap to make something extra with a campaign and module that is not up there with the top sellers at all (that is just the harsh reality) and b) allow more ppl to enjoy it and try it and to enhance our offered content for the Viggen.

Your purchase, and the purchases of everyone else who bought it, allowed us to do as we did in the first place. Was the campaign and its developer not worth supporting it with a couple bucks? Look, I understand that from a very individualistic point of view it is "shit out of luck" that you paid for it, while others who come after you, now do not have to. But there is fewer and fewer folks coming into the fold now, concerning the Viggen. As much as we adore our Viggly, it is a niche product among niche products. So really few benefit over what you benefited from. But what you did, is support a great campaign developer, who was on the brink of quitting at some point, which would have really been sad. [Sidenote: Us buying the campaign and Bunyap announcing to quit campaign making at some point are two completely unrelated issue, fyi. I am just super glad that he isn't gone.]

Campaigns are already so cheap in comparison to other games (which sometimes offer much less gameplay), and those guys work really hard to give you the best. Think of it like this: we did not take away from you that you purchased it, to the contrary, we chimed in with our own support to keep a good thing going. I bought it personally myself, despite me getting everything for free, and I do it with almost every module in DCS and then gift it to someone who might be in need. Why? Because I love and adore the thing we have going here and I think it is worth supporting with what little the fine folks of the development community ask for. I'd really like you to see it from that perspective for a moment and to have you on our side here. And if money is an issue for you (no shame at all in that, I've been between a rock and a hardplace myself more than once), then send me a PM, and I'll think of something that can put a smile on your face, I would be more than glad to do so and consider it my honor. 🙂

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

1 hour ago, kotor633 said:

These are points of view where you can no longer fight against it. And are more plausible than said before. Topic done. 😉

Thank you bud, I appreciate it a lot! ❤️

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations