Simple Late Activated Statics Script

Wizxrd

Simple Statics

Download: Simple Statics.zip

Description
standalone script to activate and deactivate statics an endless amount of times.

Configuration
1. include simpleStatics.lua into your mission:
TRIGGERS: ONCE -> CONDITIONS: TIME MORE (1) -> ACTIONS:DO SCRIPT FILE (simpleStatics.lua)

2. add your static objects in the mission editor with the defined prefix of "LA"
example: "LA Outpost"

3. add a simple trigger to activate
TRIGGERS: ONCE -> CONDITIONS: TIME MORE (5) -> ACTIONS: DO SCRIPT (static.activate("LA Outpost"))

4. add a simple trigger to deactivate
TRIGGERS: ONCE -> CONDITIONS: TIME MORE (10) -> ACTIONS: DO SCRIPT (static.deactivate("LA Outpost"))

Limitations
- static group and unit names must be the same
- you can only activate a static object if you've given it a name with the prefix "LA"
- you can deactive any static object by name, but any static you deactivate without the prefix "LA" cannot be activated
  again and statics with the prefix "LA" can be activated again
- activating a static that has previously been destroyed will spawn in the desctruction
- if you're in F10 and a static is deactivated within your screens view of the map, it will stick visually to your screen

Features
- any static object name given the prefix "LA" will be deactivated at mission start to mimic the actual late activation option

Example mission
- included is simpleStatics.miz, a basic mission using triggers to activate and deactivate a static for the 2 following conditions:
1. unit in zone - static activate groups
2. unit outside zone - static deactivate groups

List of Functions:
static.activate - activate a static object by name
static.deactivate - deactivate a static object by name
static.activateGroups - activate a set of groups by prefix
static.deactivateGroups - deactivate a set of groups by prefix

Edited by Wizxrd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...

Thanks a lot for sharing this, dont know why I didnt saw this thread until now (I was looking on how to use the STATIC ACTIVATE trigger action, which seems to be still not implemented).

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2021 at 3:09 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Thanks a lot for sharing this, dont know why I didnt saw this thread until now (I was looking on how to use the STATIC ACTIVATE trigger action, which seems to be still not implemented).

Best regards,

Eduardo

I’m not sure how I missed this, so sorry! Hopefully you were able to use it for what you were doing! I’m actually coming back to this script and it will undergo a full rewrite to be better suited for spawning statics with a wider variety of methods. Thanks for checking it out many months ago😂 happy new year!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm just 3 months behind @Rudel_chw.  Found this when I searched on "STATIC ACTIVATE".

I downloaded the mission and see how you're using this.  So ... silly question.  What's the advantage of this over simply doing late activates and deactivates?  

I see that I can perform activation/deactivation endlessly - is that the sole purpose of this script?  If not, can you help me understand the other aspects of your script @Wizxrd?

Does activating/deactivating a static as you demonstrated in the example mission save memory or increase performance because the statics only exist when the plane is in visual?

Thanks!

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

On 2/17/2022 at 8:28 AM, Mistermann said:

I'm just 3 months behind @Rudel_chw.  Found this when I searched on "STATIC ACTIVATE".

I downloaded the mission and see how you're using this.  So ... silly question.  What's the advantage of this over simply doing late activates and deactivates?  

I see that I can perform activation/deactivation endlessly - is that the sole purpose of this script?  If not, can you help me understand the other aspects of your script @Wizxrd?

Does activating/deactivating a static as you demonstrated in the example mission save memory or increase performance because the statics only exist when the plane is in visual?

Thanks!

Hi, at the time that I made this script yes the main goal was to just provide simple functions to endlessly activate/deactivate statics. It wasn't made to help with performance or anything like that, just a simple script to be able to set statics as "late activated". Hope this helps, if the directions aren't clear, feel free to ask any more questions you may have!

Got it, @Wizxrd.  Thanks for putting this together.  Good to know about this capability.  

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 6 months later...

Wow, would love to be able to use this script. I keep getting this error though, any idea what I might be doing wrong. Your example works, and I've tried to just do a simple test based on that example in a new file but keep getting the error.

script-static-problem.PNG

• 1 year later...