Dedicated Servers not showing up in list.

Hi All,

I've got 4 open beta dedicated servers up and running nicely, they can show up on https://x51squadron.com/dcs_servers  Third party dcs live server lists but not in the game?

I can connect using the in game connect to IP in dcs from outside but no joy on it being listed. Public is selected.

How can it show up on one list but not in game list. Baffles me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by MonkeyMagic

I am having the exact same issue.

The TCP is transmitting and can see it on the DCS Website under my profile.

However in game it doesn't show up on the browser or Direct Connect which is a UDP issue.

What is odd though, I can log into my SRS which is TCP and UDP and then all of a sudden DCS.exe shows up in the game browser.

10308 is setup incoming/outgoing TCP and UDP on windows firewall and network Firewall (dedicated server provider)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact issue as Quicksplice depicts. Why in the world is this happening only with DCS? No other game for which I make a server does this problem and people can connect to my servers, which mean that my port forwarding and everything else is already right. My DCS mission server does not show up in the lobby, but ONLY at the active servers list at my profile on the DCS website. If someone tries to connect by IP, it will say: Server offline. We can all see that there are more than 1000 servers, yes, so I'm kindly asking the devs what could be the possible reasons why some can't have people connect to their servers on DCS, but in other stand alone games they can? Thank you!

Good knowledge and common sense make the absurd run for defense.

Flying has always been a great interest for mankind, yet learning everything about it brought the greatest challenge!

• 1 month later...

Same issue here, my server is running on a dedicated PC with proper port forwarding. 

The server is showing there :

https://dcs.glowie.xyz/servers?sort=Country:ASC

It's nowhere to be found in game  in the MP server list. I have checked the version of the dedicated server which is the same as the game client

If trying to connect via extrernal IP address, I have "Server offline" error message

I can still connect the game client with the local IP address of the dedicated server. So no version issue here

Edited by pixie

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I've made good progress, and finally understood why I can't see my MP server from my gaming PC. It's only network logic.

My Dedicated server PC has all the server ports forwarded from my public IP to its local IP by the router. So far so good. 

My gaming PC has the same public IP but a different local IP. It cannot query my local server via the MP interface because they share the same public IP and nothing is sent back to the gaming PC on this address and port because of the routing.

The only way I could see my MP server was by connecting my gaming PC through a VPN which provides a fake public IP.  Since the Server and the Gaming PC are on a different public IP, the server shows up in the list. But that's actually useless, a local direct connection to the server local IP is working fine. It's even better since there's no lag induced by going out through a vpn and bouncing back to the server. The VPN was just there to prove my point and unerstand the logic.

All in all, even if my server is not showing in the MP interface, it's actually showing to people with a different public IP which is perfectly fine for a public server. 

• Thanks 1

Hi since i changed router i have exactly the same prob (My pc and dedicated server same lan, different port)
With my old router (TP Link), it was possible from my playing pc to see the Dedicated server on the list, since I change of router for now i didn't found the way to get it

Maybe ED could help about it, should be great

Best regards

On 11/15/2021 at 11:37 PM, Phil C6 said:

Hi since i changed router i have exactly the same prob (My pc and dedicated server same lan, different port)
With my old router (TP Link), it was possible from my playing pc to see the Dedicated server on the list, since I change of router for now i didn't found the way to get it

Maybe ED could help about it, should be great

Best regards

have you tried connecting your gaming PC through a VPN (like Private Internet Access for example) ?

I think the 2 machines cannot share the same public IP.

Maybe we are forwarding too many ports to the dedicated server so the gaming  PC can't receive a proper server query.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2021 at 9:01 PM, pixie said:

Same issue here, my server is running on a dedicated PC with proper port forwarding. 

The server is showing there :

https://dcs.glowie.xyz/servers?sort=Country:ASC

It's nowhere to be found in game  in the MP server list. I have checked the version of the dedicated server which is the same as the game client

If trying to connect via extrernal IP address, I have "Server offline" error message

I can still connect the game client with the local IP address of the dedicated server. So no version issue here

Exactly, exactly, exactly! What have they done cause it's not working as in 2.5 anymore...?! I didn't make any router changes and stuff like that.

Edited by 85th_Maverick

Good knowledge and common sense make the absurd run for defense.

Flying has always been a great interest for mankind, yet learning everything about it brought the greatest challenge!

I too am having the problem of servers that used to be on my multiplayer list have disappeared.  Everything ws working three weeks ago before I took a break (due to a family emergency).

When I tried to log back on, there are a number of multiplayer servers that just disappeared.  I can hear my guys talking about the mission/server name and the like.  They want me to join but I've told them the server name that they are on is gone.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team
2 hours ago, CYPHER11 said:

No help from ED about that? Have the same issue since the last update. It sucks if you want to fly with your friends on your own mission. Other Servers (Blueflag eg) do work - just my one does not. 

Any advise from ED? @BIGNEWYmaybe???

thanks for the PM on discord, as mentioned after looking at your logs I dont see any obvious reason for it not showing. 

It is a mystery to me unfortunately, I have advised to contact our support team directly on our site. 

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

I am also having this issue. I am attempting to host a server for me and my friends to enjoy but it does not show up for them and when they try to connect through the IP, it says server offline. I never had this problem either as my friends could always connect to my hosted session. Now everything is different and we cannot fly missions together. A lot of people put several hours/days/weeks or even months building missions on the mission editor, we should be able to share the fun with friends and get true feedback or just simply enjoy the missions. Multiplayer hosted sessions need to be addressed and fixed. DCS is an amazing experience and I would hate to think people would leave DCS simply because of multiplayer connection issues. We also have the Apache coming, it would be a shame to think that we could not fully enjoy that chopper due to friends not being able to join sessions. 

Multiplayer hosted session works fine, of course you must be sure that some basic requirements are satisfied:

• (both) SAME EXACT DCS BUILD: Make sure you have the same exact build, you can see it in the main menu, in the lower right corner.
    Current OpenBeta is: 2.7.10.19473 and All digits must be the same!
  • (host) Firewall: You must add firewall exception for DCS port ( Default is TCP/UDP 10308 )
    I strongly recommend to manually add ports to the firewall exception and don't use "allow application" rules.
  • (host) PORT forwarding: on router/modem you must forward DCS port to the local IP address of your computer that is hosting session
  • (host) Public IP address: you must have a public IP address provided from your ISP on the host. It can be dynamic or static, but must be a public IPv4 address.

Most of the time when two players can't play together at least one of this requirements is missing. I'm agree that it's not user-friendly set-up, but indeed it's not a lack in DCS, but basically it's how internet works 😄

• Like 2

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I am having the same server issue but it was showing up on the list and My wingie from TN and I (me and server in FL) could both see it and fly on it last week. It's a mystery. Also, the server and my TN pal are running the stable version but I am on Beta. Got a big Beta update tonight, probably the cause.

Edited by Underdog1028