Cannot install carrier in Mission Editor

colinwilloughby

In Mission Editor I place the Supper Carrier (or any other ship) on the map, The Icons are there with the radar range circles showing but when I zoom in, the carrier (or other ships) are not there so it's not possible to install my aircraft on the carrier.

Can anyone please enlighten me as to the problem.

I have in the passed carried out placing the carrier, installing and flying the Hornet. I have recently re-installed windows and DCS. All other functions in DCS are working fine.

Hi again guys, Another problem has shown up. I cannot get my aircraft to stay with the carrier, When I place the aircraft on to the carrier, the selection for positioning is an airfield only list. Click on any on the list and the plane will jump to the nearest airfield. The list for carrier positioning is not available.

The carrier is an airport as far as the ME is concerned, so it uses the same options. A plane should only jump to an airfield if it's not carrier capable. So for example a F/A-18 placed near the carrier will snap to it when set to "takeoff from runway" or "takeoff from ramp". A F-16 would jump to the nearest airbase because it's not a naval plane.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files