Deleting TOO created target points.

TED

Once I have created a maximum of 10 TOO targets is there anyway to then delete them? I go into the CAS page, recall and they do not even show up, but once on the map and cycling through they are all still present. This basically means that once you have used 10 TOO points you cannot use any more until you change aircraft. Even landing, shutting down and doing a restart does not clear them. This seems very confusing. I am not referring to points created in the f10 map, as they actually do show up in the cas page, but points created in the air by marking with the tpod and TOO.

I would be interested as well to know if it is possible to delete target points or mark points.

As it is what i try to do is to use markpoints if i have too many TOO or TOOs from a previous and distant target zone (which makes cycling between targets less practical as you approach for a multiple jdam release pass).

If we can delete old targets TOOs to make it cleaner and faster to cycle between the new targets TOO or if it is possible to replace the old targets TOO with the new targets, it would be useful.

no you can not delete Targetpoints.

But when you press the TOO button it asks you for a number, and if you now just type in 1 instead of just press enter, and then press enter, it will overwrite Targetpoint 1 with the new TOO.

vice versa for 2,3,4 and so on

• Thanks 2

Thank you Wisky, replacing them will be the way to do it then, it makes perfect sense though if you had 8 TOOs 10 minutes before but only 3 new targets to replace, you will still have 5 "wrong" TOOs to cycle through if you are not careful but it is really a minor inconvenience.

I found another workaround that involved after landing, opening the kneeboard target list page, then pressing RSHIFT, RALT, 8 as if to load targets. As long as no f10 targets are prepared this then clears the TOO points as well. No idea why it is like this but its one way as well to quickly delete them all. 

• Thanks 2

On 9/15/2021 at 5:33 AM, Wisky said:

no you can not delete Targetpoints.

But when you press the TOO button it asks you for a number, and if you now just type in 1 instead of just press enter, and then press enter, it will overwrite Targetpoint 1 with the new TOO.

vice versa for 2,3,4 and so on

This was exactly what i have been looking for. SO simple, yet took me so long to find it. Thanks very much for this wisky.

• Like 1