Jug ruggedness appreciation thread

BuzzLine

Getting home alive to fight another day is half the battle, and the Jug does give you a clear edge there.😊

Playing @Reflected's "Wolfpack" campaign (Mission 9), I managed to evade a swarm of ticklish 109s so thick you could walk on them, by a short high-g turn for spacing, diving for speed, and then running away in a high-speed slow climb. And after getting some of that MG151 love, it was time for a spray of Flak 88 on the way home. 😭

Still, the beast took me back home, full of holes and vibrating like crazy, I had to use the hand pump to drop the gear and I juuuust barely overran the runway (that's when I bent *one* prop blade on the fence 😄), mechanics will hate me.

I got a strong feeling that a Mustang or a Spit wouldn't have taken me home but the Jug did. Just like happened in real life ! Awesome modeling of all those airframes. 

How about y'all ? What was the most heavily damaged Jug that still got you home ? 

Screen_210915_220501.png

Screen_210915_220602.png

• Like 6

Indeed, one tuff bird!  Most of my gauges were non functional from the damage.  Hydraulics shot up as well.  I brought her home, and landed by listening to the engine pitch to avoid stalling.  I fly her so much, almost becoming a 6th sense listening to my bird....  she does talk to me. 😀

E0fXBjq.jpg

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control