Pathfinding Routes leading to H4 airbase

Skarp

If you attempt to set some pathfinding routes to H4 airfield from say Khalkalah it will send them on a 100nm detour to King Hussein airfield and then to H4. I zoomed into several roads in the area i would of liked to take and there are many road connections missing resulting in the massive detour. 

Screen_210916_151345.png

On 9/16/2021 at 4:32 PM, StevanJ said:

More than likely they are taking the highway.
You can force them to move off road, and then click on road with a waypoint.. And theyll pathfind from there..

No I literally tried this and roads simply are missing connections. This is a problem in multiplayer matches as well because the calculations involved can hang a server.

20 hours ago, Skarp said:

No I literally tried this and roads simply are missing connections. This is a problem in multiplayer matches as well because the calculations involved can hang a server.

Pathfinding is more than broken in Multiplayer..
Youve no chance there, i didnt know it was that bad in singleplayer too?

Is there no sign of a fix yet?

On 9/16/2021 at 4:19 PM, Skarp said:

If you attempt to set some pathfinding routes to H4 airfield from say Khalkalah it will send them on a 100nm detour to King Hussein airfield and then to H4. I zoomed into several roads in the area i would of liked to take and there are many road connections missing resulting in the massive detour. 

Screen_210916_151345.png

From your image, it looks like that is the only road going there. Could you set an on-road way point at the farthest end of the road that terminates in map square "CS", and then use off-road way points to your H4 base from there?

Yes you could do this but it would be impossible to enforce on a multiplayer server. Also the extra off road calculations for pathfinding puts allot of stress on the server. The best option is to connect some of the roads that are already there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2