Downloading patch now

TwoLate

Yup. I've been waiting with bated breath this week. Really looking forward to the Mozzie and the updated Channel. Fingers crossed my home town (Brighton) has been added to the map. Not the end of the world if it isn't, but it would be nice.

We have an Anderson Shelter in our back garden and what is called the Brighton Blitz, a mini Blitz which was nothing compared to other cities and towns throughout the world but awful for the inhabitants, I'm sure. A Dornier Do17, separated from its formation, dropped 100kg bombs on a theatre, killing 50+ and an attack by FW190s, strafing and bombing the streets, killing a few dozen, were two of the low-lights.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bashibazouk said:

Yup. I've been waiting with bated breath this week. Really looking forward to the Mozzie and the updated Channel. Fingers crossed my home town (Brighton) has been added to the map. Not the end of the world if it isn't, but it would be nice.

We have an Anderson Shelter in our back garden and what is called the Brighton Blitz, a mini Blitz which was nothing compared to other cities and towns throughout the world but awful for the inhabitants, I'm sure. A Dornier Do17, separated from its formation, dropped 100kg bombs on a theatre, killing 50+ and an attack by FW190s, strafing and bombing the streets, killing a few dozen, were two of the low-lights.

I’m a Brightonian too! (Currently living in exile in Worthing.) I’d be over the moon if Brighton got added to the map but I’d be very surprised. 

Fascinating stuff there! I had no idea and I lived there for 35 years. Do you know what streets got strafed/ bombed? 

• Like 2

Hey....fellow Brightonian here too,what a small world,living in Windsor,Berkshire now........but,up the Albion,lol.

• Like 2

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

32 minutes ago, Basco1 said:

Hey....fellow Brightonian here too,what a small world,living in Windsor,Berkshire now........but,up the Albion,lol.

Haha brilliant! Seagulls, Seagulls etc (never really liked football, I’d be found down the seafront with my skateboard, though I did go to the Goldstone a couple of times.) Great place to live but house prices are ridiculous, hence the move to Worthing. I miss it though and all (well most) of it’s hundreds of pubs and bars.

But I’m embarrassed to say I know next to nothing of its ww2 history, I was always a bit disappointed as a kid as I thought it didn’t have any, silly me.

I now have to quickly think of something on topic so I don’t get shouted at...

...er...

.....can’t wait to get in the mossie latter tonight when the family are asleep.

phew, that was close 😉

• Like 3

Hehe......planning a little late night sortie myself 👍

• Like 1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 4 weeks later...

My not-so-deep research, mostly Wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_Blitz) revealed what I said above, plus a couple of street names in there. When we discovered the shelter in the back garden I became curious so looked it up. I moved down from London and, like most London-centric types (even though I was an immigrant there originally too :D) I was unaware of most of the regional Blitz/es, apart from the well known like Coventry and (I think?) Grimsby being the first place to be used as a test for a type of delayed action incendary. This last one is based on a poorly remembered article I read once and can no longer find.

Apropos of that, am I the only one who is finding the internet harder and harder to search for stuff in these days? So much rubbish, so many scams.

BTW, the Mozzie has been everything I'd hoped for. I did have tempered expectations, given the early access but what's still to be finished seems to mostly be the multi-crew part and the pathfinding/direction finding stuff for the radios in the 'boot' (the bit behind the seats). It's so much fun, and flies like a dream. I do love the other warbirds but the Mozzie seems to be the easiest to fly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bashibazouk said:

My not-so-deep research, mostly Wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_Blitz) revealed what I said above, plus a couple of street names in there. When we discovered the shelter in the back garden I became curious so looked it up. I moved down from London and, like most London-centric types (even though I was an immigrant there originally too :D) I was unaware of most of the regional Blitz/es, apart from the well known like Coventry and (I think?) Grimsby being the first place to be used as a test for a type of delayed action incendary. This last one is based on a poorly remembered article I read once and can no longer find.

Apropos of that, am I the only one who is finding the internet harder and harder to search for stuff in these days? So much rubbish, so many scams.

BTW, the Mozzie has been everything I'd hoped for. I did have tempered expectations, given the early access but what's still to be finished seems to mostly be the multi-crew part and the pathfinding/direction finding stuff for the radios in the 'boot' (the bit behind the seats). It's so much fun, and flies like a dream. I do love the other warbirds but the Mozzie seems to be the easiest to fly.

https://www.mybrightonandhove.org.uk/topics/topicwar/wartime-memories/memories-of-world-war-ii

• Like 2

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

• Like 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..