Mossie-Screenshot-Thread

DonJosh

Now you've started me

Very much a work in progress, but I'll continue with it when the others are done.

Mossie wood 2.jpg

• Like 6

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

I was going to do one like this 😄 👍

The rear of the fuselage is different to the rest as the wooden plies have a 45 degree orientation to increase the strength of the tail. 

I will find the picture I have showing this. 

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

9789004393301_webready_content_m00013.jp

You can see here on the left hand fuselage. 

4095350.JPG

From the inside again the 45 degree layup. 

Also you can gauge the size of each wooden ply from this one... 

Keep up the good work 

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Thanks @Krupi.

Those pics are great. That’s the intention, to eventually get small grain running how it would have been in real life.

It’s going to be tedious getting a lot of small panels lined up and correctly trimmed.

Luckily the panels that are wood in the files seem ‘flat’ so it shouldn’t be to bad.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

No problem. 

I don't envy you, will be a pain trying to figure out where plies end or the 45 degree plies start without any fasteners indicating where the frames are! 

Also the plies look to be of various sizes precut for the location. 

Edited by Krupi

Project IX Cockpit

Still have to do better alignment of the ply. But this looks better for now.

Mossie wood 5.jpg

Mossie wood 4.jpg

Mossie wood 3.jpg

• Like 6

image.jpeg

WIP

MOSSIE SHARK MOUTH 1.jpg

• Like 2

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Flaps down,wheels down,fingers crossed,everything else crossed,navigator's head in his hands and in brace position.......and both holding breath.

2gJwKsG.png

• Like 1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

On 10/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, Nealius said:

Suddenly engine failure!

Nicely done!!

I've had some engines shot out and it rarely ends well. I'll be looking good until I suddenly do something just a bit too draggy and get under safe single engine speed... then it's a short carousel ride to the ground 😞

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@JP Gabobo I like this shade of blue-gray! Is this the correct shade for coastal command? I think most models/drawings I’ve seen make it less blue - but that does not mean they are correct.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, Oreo147 said:

Mossie getting some work done... currently learning the Mosquito in a free trial and so far, I'm loving it. Definitely gonna get this during the next sale. I know now why they call it the Wooden Wonder 😉 

Really nice in the air.  PITA on the ground and in between!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...