Custom CMDS Lua now breaking IC?

Moonshine
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

Been using custom CMDS programs so far with no issues, after the recent update now it breaks IC. This happens even when the adjustments are made within the parameters that you can tune when changing the CMDS in the cockpit itself.

is there an alternative way to set up CMDS default profiles that use non standard values or do i have to manually adjust the programs every time i start the plane again?

• Like 4

I'm afraid you will have to adjust your programs manually until such time as we either get DTC or this IC change is (partially) reverted.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

• ED Team

Hi all,

IC changes were made to prevent known cheats and exploits being used. 

please list the legitimate mods and apps that are effected and we will pass this on to the team.

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hello, I am the creator of DiCE, a popular mod that enables you to use the ingame special menu to change aircraft countermeasure profiles, much like the JF17.  Here is the forum thread with links to the ED Userfiles download, UI pictures, and the Github which contains the code for DiCE itself. https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/247605-dice-dcs-integrated-countermeasure-editor-by-bailey

I have confirmed that changes to these files do not pass IC. I as well as others in the community believe that DiCE is a legitimate mod.

• Like 37

25 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

IC changes were made to prevent known cheats and exploits being used. 

please list the legitimate mods and apps that are effected and we will pass this on to the team.

thank you

Hi,
My mod for the Viggen RWR is being "blocked" by IC after today's patch.

In my mind it's not really able to be exploitable, but adds more and more realistic sounds to the otherwise very inaccurate RWR that is in there by default.

• Like 11

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

It appears that viewport export changes are no longer allowed:

- we need to rename exported viewport names like LEFT_MFCD to make them unique across aircraft

It appears that adding viewport export calls is no longer allowed:

- we need to export things like RWR that are not exported by default

This affects all Helios users (approximately 2000 DCS users, we don't track users exactly) and all cockpit builders who use additional displays for things like RWR.

Helios also changes rendering settings in fonts.lua and across several instruments files (MFDs and such) to make exported viewports look legible on the F/A-18C.   I can see that this could be considered an IC violation, so I would say this last part is optional but really convenient.

[edit: attached a diff of changes made by Helios against a recent DCS release, for example]

Helios.diff

Edited by derammo
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Hi,

VAICOM PRO dev here. 
https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/329-vaicom/
https://www.vaicompro.com/

Confirmed VAICOM PRO plugin currently no longer passes IC in DCS .12852 open beta.
cockpit/scripts/device_init.lua referenced.
Only becomes apparent once entering a slot: before green shields are shown. 
No such issues in DCS stable version .10869

Thanks,
Hollywood

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I have a FULL A10C cockpit built over 8 years.  This change that ED has made screws up so many of my panels… no RWR export, no CDU display export, etc.

Please fix this.

• Like 25

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

1 hour ago, derammo said:

- we need to rename exported viewport names like LEFT_MFCD to make them unique across aircraft

This affects all Helios users (approximately 2000 DCS users, we don't track users exactly) and all cockpit builders who use additional displays for things like RWR.

Helios also changes rendering settings in fonts.lua and across several instruments files (MFDs and such) to make exported viewports look legible on the F/A-18C.   I can see that this could be considered an IC violation, so I would say this last part is optional but really convenient.

[edit: attached a diff of changes made by Helios against a recent DCS release, for example]

Helios.diff 42.91 kB · 3 downloads

+1 on Helios being completely broken- it's a huge part of my being able to easily manage MFDs in the A-10, F18, and F-16. BIGNEWY- this page should have a list of the files that Helios modifies for you to pass along to the developers:

https://github.com/HeliosVirtualCockpit/Helios/tree/master/Patching/Patches/DCS

This change was clearly not thought through... If mods are going to be whitelisted manually, how do we verify those? Does every unique release of mods have to be whitelisted? Are these then tied all of a sudden to DCS releases? 

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, Rissala said:

I thought these were supposed to be edited :(((.

Why on earth would you not allow these. It is just 3 programs I wan't to edit....

kuva.png

CMDS Profiles should be excluded from breaking IC until we get a panel in special options to modify them or until we get the DTC. 

• Like 9

Ryzen 7 5800X | RTX 2070S | 32GB 3200MHz | Reverb G2 | VPC Alpha, VPC MT50CM3, VPC TorQ 

2 hours ago, derammo said:

Helios.diff 42.91 kB · 3 downloads

And @derammo - i'd bet 2000 users is conservative... 🙂 Probably my favorite piece of flight sim sotware TBH.

• Like 4

• ED Team
2 hours ago, Alesia_Aisela said:

Same for the F-5 RWR Fix

and the MiG-21 (I imagine, since sound mods seem to have been broken in general)

Both fixes for old/persistent bugs and inaccuracies.

I am still waiting to hear back on the team from this, there is some internal discussion that this is working as expected, and the functions being asked for are from a different version. So will look at that again.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

33 minutes ago, NineLine said:

I am still waiting to hear back on the team from this, there is some internal discussion that this is working as expected, and the functions being asked for are from a different version. So will look at that again.

There exists exactly zero evidence to support that stance and an overwhelming amount of evidence to support that the RWR actually functions as an intelligently designed RWR. If those internal doubters have anything to say to try to bolster their case, present it, otherwise it will — entirely correctly — continue to be seen as an inaccurate and bugged implementation.

There's an argument to be made that the F-5 has the wrong RWR, but that is something very different. In that case, the proper solution would be to give it the correct and properly functioning RWR, not to keep the wrong and incorrectly modelled one.

In a way the same thing goes for this entire IC debacle: is there any actual evidence to support the notion that the supposed problems that this is meant to fix even exist? The simple fact of the matter is that this wholesale banning of much-needed adjustments has broken the game. I hope this was not the intent and that the breakage will be fixed in short order.

Edited by Tippis
  • Like 19

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧