Custom CMDS Lua now breaking IC?

Moonshine
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

• ED Team
57 minutes ago, Rhayvn said:

Eagle Dynamics\Custom\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Scripts\clickabledata.lua

Fix for the RAM air control.  In the default aircraft, you can move the control, but it does nothing.

This straight up needs to be fixed by us, period the end, you guys shouldnt need to edit. and I am sorry for this.

58 minutes ago, Rhayvn said:

Eagle Dynamics\Custom\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\IndicationResources\Displays\MFD_stroke_font.svg

Readability for the MFD font for those of us that have trouble reading the white text.

Eagle Dynamics\Custom\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts.fonts.lua

Eagle Dynamics\Custom\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Materials.lua

Eagle Dynamics\Custom\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\Common\indicator\StrokesDefs.lua

Readability for the HUD, similar to the MFD, for those that have a hard time reading the default.

This should also be fixed by us, I have reports on proper controls for MFD controls for brightness, contrast, and colors. I will make sure its noted that this is an issue users have been fixing themselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Controls Indicator mods are breaking IC now also.

A couple examples,

- Mi-8 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317792/

- Mi-24 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317045/

This kind of mod exists for several other modules too. It makes the background of the controls indicator overlay transparent so it's not so obvious and in your face, plus easier to read in some cases.

In the Mi-8 it also hides the autopilot overlay in the other corner, which takes up a lot of space and arguably serves limited purpose.

You could make these mods irrelevant by building in some options to customize these overlays, including things like foreground and background color, transparency, position, size, and options to hide things like the AP overlay.

This becomes apparently only when trying to slot into an affected module, as IC shield is green until then.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NineLine said:

So I am pleading with you, only post the mod, how and what it tweaks and its use if its not already posted here, if it is, then nothing else needs to be said.

You do host a large selection of mods on this site - why not run a script over them that detects which ones create lua files breaking the IC. In addition to an extensive list of mods that break you also get some interesting metrics along with it, like what percentage is affected, how popular (d/l) and well liked a particular mod is, what module is affected, what functionalities the new IC breaks and where DCS might need improvements.

• Like 3

• ED Team
36 minutes ago, Blackeye said:

You do host a large selection of mods on this site - why not run a script over them that detects which ones create lua files breaking the IC. In addition to an extensive list of mods that break you also get some interesting metrics along with it, like what percentage is affected, how popular (d/l) and well liked a particular mod is, what module is affected, what functionalities the new IC breaks and where DCS might need improvements.

Again, this is what Open Beta is for, and this is what we are doing right now, looking at issues beyond what is supported by the core. Thanks.

• Like 2

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Renko said:

Helios, that needs multiple exports to work
And the custom countermeasures for years, since there is no DTC in DCS

Yes DTC is a big deal now, we are highlighting this to the team.

Helios is reported to the team, make sure you check out my replies in this thread, its a little different than a normal bug thread as we are reporting multiple issues related to the same thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png

2 minutes ago, NineLine said:

This looks like something more likely should be added to the module if there is documentation we can show for it.

If the 476th is using it, knowing them and Snoopy, i'm sure its based on real life experence. Maybe you should ask them privately

2 hours ago, NineLine said:

Hi, is it only a sound mod? And if its more realistic have you approached HB about it?

Yes, it's just a sound mod for the RWR.
HB reached out to me before I did to them, so it should be implemented at some point in the future. But while we wait for that to get done I'll maintain this mod.

• Like 5

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

27 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Again, this is what Open Beta is for, and this is what we are doing right now, looking at issues beyond what is supported by the core.

Wait, are you saying you do scan the mods on your site for issues during the open beta phase as suggested - in which case we need not report any mods uploaded here, or are you referring to a general "we are taking feedback" - in which case the suggestion still stands. Thanks.

2 hours ago, NineLine said:

This straight up needs to be fixed by us, period the end, you guys shouldnt need to edit. and I am sorry for this.

This should also be fixed by us, I have reports on proper controls for MFD controls for brightness, contrast, and colors. I will make sure its noted that this is an issue users have been fixing themselves.

Please allow us to fix it until/if you get around to it.  It's well and good to say you need to fix it, but, the RAM air for example, was reported YEARS ago. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't play on IC servers, but I'll pitch in with some of the fixes that affect the core files, that I use anyway:

A-10C TAD Scale Fix - Adds the missing TAD scales for A-10C, I'm sure there is a report somewhere of this. - https://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=399
Mods/Aircraft/A-10C(_2)/Cockpit/Scripts/TAD/TAD.lua

RWR Symbols mod - Fixes and/or creates custom RWR symbols for different threats. Could be replaced by the corresponding setting in the eventual mission planner
Scripts/Aircraft/_Common/Cockpit/AN_ALR_SymbolsBase.lua

AN ALR69 Sounds - Fixes the sounds produced by the A-10s RWR to more accurately reflect RL

Mods/Aircraft/A-10C(_2)/Cockpit/Scripts/AN_ALR69V/device/ALR69_param.lua

A-10 IFFCC AAS Profiles - Configures the IFFCC AAS to accommodate different threat aircraft in the AA Master Mode - https://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=416

Mods/Aircraft/A-10C(_2)/Cockpit/Scripts/IFFCC/IFFCC_param.lua

Additional Controls mappings - adds in the critically missing controls bindings that production HOTAS such as winwing rely on

Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Input/FA-18C/joystick/default.lua

I havent checked if these all break IC, but they are examples of fixes that are required to play DCS that might be affected.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

To echo what has already been mentioned

- I use VIACOM for voice control of the F10 menu in VR.

- Helios for display export (wannabe simpit that is not there yet, but hopefully in time 🙂 ).

- DiCE for countermeasures in the hornet, since we still don't have DTC/a system like the JF-17

For specific files/uses please see the above posts, the developers of all three have already posted in this thread now.

• Like 4

For everyone using Baileys DICE (so almost every one with the F-16): His CMS editor still works, at least on the F-16 so this would provide a workaround. 

I actually use that one because I like its editor functionality and just punch the LUA file into DCS which works. Has to be repeated after every update, but it still works. 

After all I appreciate the locking of certain files. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TobiasA said:

For everyone using Baileys DICE (so almost every one with the F-16): His CMS editor still works, at least on the F-16 so this would provide a workaround. 

I actually use that one because I like its editor functionality and just punch the LUA file into DCS which works. Has to be repeated after every update, but it still works. 

After all I appreciate the locking of certain files. 

By "works" you mean you can use it in SP or that you can join MP servers with IC enabled? The latter is the issue here.

• Like 1

Modified init.lua files for changing/adding viewport names to export them individually are completely blocked now.

In short this patch screws up hardcore home cockpit setup. 

For example>

Ka-50

Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\PUI_800\PUI_800_init.lua (exporting digits)

Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\PVI\PVI_init.lua (exporting digits)

Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\clickabledata.lua (adjust key press gains for binding on physical rotary encoders)

NS430

Mods\aircraft\NS430\Cockpit\Scripts\NS430_init.lua

Mi-8MTV

Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\ControlPanel\g_panel_page.lua (changing AI control panel position)

UH-1H

Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\ControlPanel\g_panel_page.lua (changing AI control panel position)

Edited by horus-DCS
  • Like 2

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Blackeye:

By "works" you mean you can use it in SP or that you can join MP servers with IC enabled? The latter is the issue here.

I flew a MP session just yesterday. 

IC symbol is green. 

Note: I am talking only about the F-16. 

Edited by TobiasA

3 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

Doing this manually and not with DICE, but it's the same procedure after all.

For the A-10C (II):

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALE40V\device\AN_ALE40V_params.lua

AN_ALE40V_params.lua 3.74 kB · 0 downloads

For the F-16CM:

\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\CMDS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua

CMDS_ALE47.lua 3.41 kB · 0 downloads

doing it manually too normally. but as mentioned initially, all non standard values within the lua will break IC as soon as you get into the cockpit on a MP server

2 minutes ago, TobiasA said:

I flew a MP session just yesterday. 

IC symbol is green. 

literally just did it. ANY change breaks IC. unless you are using default values anyways, might wanna check the contents of your file. also make sure you test it on a MP server that has IC enabled

Edited by Moonshine
  • Like 2

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Blackeye said:

Wait, are you saying you do scan the mods on your site for issues during the open beta phase as suggested - in which case we need not report any mods uploaded here, or are you referring to a general "we are taking feedback" - in which case the suggestion still stands. Thanks.

We dont test unofficial mods, the open beta is a public testing build where we can get feedback from our users, which what we are doing now. 

Please keep this thread for reporting mods that are having problems, if you still dont understand feel free to PM me. 

thank you

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

RWR / other viewport exports.

have a home cockpit and I need to export my RWR and some other cockpit panels to a screen to use the F16.

I used to have this line in my RWR_ALR56_init.lua :

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("F16_RWR")

and then in my monitor config i used this:

F16_RWR =
{
     x = 3760;
     y = 1440;
     width = 480;
     height = 480;
}

This was also possible for the DED, PLFD.

Everyone who has a home pit needs this functionality. Please let me know, do you also think it belongs here and needs to be a supported feature?

• Like 3

Can't see these mentioned yet

Crew indicator move
\Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\ControlPanel\g_panel_page.lua

\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\AI\ControlPanel\g_panel_page.lua

Cargo indicator move
\Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Cockpit\Scripts\CargoIndicator\CargoIndicator_page.lua

\Mods\aircraft\ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts\CargoIndicator\CargoIndicator_page.lua

\Mods\aircraft\uh-1h\Cockpit\Scripts\CargoIndicator\CargoIndicator_page.lua

Transparent/move controls indicator
Mods\aircraft\Mi-24P\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\ControlsIndicator_page.lua

Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\ControlsIndicator_page.lua

Mods\aircraft\Uh-1h\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\ControlsIndicator_page.lua

Ka-50 English Hud mod
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/607269/

Gazelle TV export

\Mods\aircraft\SA342\Cockpit\TV\Indicator\init.lua

Set opening position of kneeboard
\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling-resize.lua

\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\device_init.lua (repeat for all aircraft)

Petrovich AI helper move
\Mods\aircraft\Mi-24P\Cockpit\Scripts\HelperAI\HelperAI_page_common.lua

Reposition Mi-24P Sight
\Mods\aircraft\Mi-24P\Cockpit\Scripts\9K113_CAM\9K113_CAM_init.lua

Whilst not a mod that was affected by this lua change (it already failed IC), I wonder if it’s possible to allow kegetys VR shaders mod to pass IC?

It’s a performance boost (for my system at least) that can nearly offset the performance hit of MP in VR… Basically I can’t do MP without it, and can only fly non-IC with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1