Radar relocking targets even if lock is dropped

TobiasA

The radar automatically relocks the last target if you broke lock on a target in RWS <3nm.

It is impossible to break the lock since the radar locks the target again, even without a valid track file.

I have seen also cases where it is possible to relock a target that does not have a valid track file with TMS up on an empty scope.

The track also shows the AIM-9 returning to "WARM" if you switch to dogfight mode.

This is the latest OB update from today.

F-16_radar_relocking.trk

Yes I also noticed this today.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• ED Team
33 minutes ago, Furiz said:

Wags says in the video when the target comes closer than 3 miles, it automatically locks it in STT mode.

Then when you are trying to TMS DOWN it is actually in STT, and you have to TMS DOWN twice.

Haven't been able to try, not at the computer atm.

correct. 

I have not looked at the track yet, as I am a little busy currently, I will check it later. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi,

we have watched the track, this is correct as is.

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

correct. 

I have not looked at the track yet, as I am a little busy currently, I will check it later. 

thanks

TMS down twice does not work, it keeps relocking the target. 

I do not have the manual, but I would expect that an RWS bug should transition into STT at 3 nm, or if you lost the bug for whatever reason then attempt to relock. But if it's explicitly undesignated it shouldn't keep locking it again and again.

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Furiz:

Wags says in the video when the target comes closer than 3 miles, it automatically locks it in STT mode.

Then when you are trying to TMS DOWN it is actually in STT, and you have to TMS DOWN twice.

Haven't been able to try, not at the computer atm.

vor einer Stunde schrieb BIGNEWY:

Hi,

we have watched the track, this is correct as is.

thank you

I have pressed TMS down a dozen times, and it still relocks.

@BIGNEWY The track should show exactly that, and if this is "correct as is" how am I supposed to drop that lock?