Feedback Thread - F14 Patch 17th Sept 2021

IronMike

11 minutes ago, DSplayer said:

Aww man. When do you guys think it will be available for OB release at the earliest? November-December-ish?

We really cannot say at the moment. It is an ongoing process that could very well last longer, too, as it does not depend solely on us. We're in fact pushing a little bit ahead of the API being finished for 3rd party use. Things like this are really long-term changes for the sustainable development of the sim, rather than an answer fix on an immediate issue, thus the overall interest is not as much to get the aim54 to work with the new API, as the new API to work with missiles in DCS in general long term, simply put. I hope that makes sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

5 hours ago, Snappy said:

Well the maintenance shop is on the carrier soo…

Just kidding. I actually agree with you. Prefer a more complete aircraft  too personally.

Yeah, the boat will come at some point. And i don't see it being a minor feature, so why release a new potential source for fixes when there is already a full plate to work on. We already have a carrier (or two) for basic ops. I can see the mission creators wanting to get their hands on it though. I don't know how easy it is to convert a mission with one carrier into another, but i'm guessing it's easier if you start with what you intend to use. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I took on an IA mission in Marianas - F-14A Case I SC. We take off with 16000 lbs from Andersen AFB just to fly 40nm and trap - you know what I mean?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I like that Marianas IA. It should start at about 8000 pounds.  Enough to do CQ.  

I think I trap on every Marianas IA to Truman... especially after the SU-33 and bombing practice. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Speaking of IA, someone added the S3 Viking in between the two elevators on the Truman in the Instant Action Marianas F-14A vs SU-33.  I usually try to park there...  I claim that was added in 13436 or possibly 13133 despite no F-14 reference in either changelog.  I play that one regularly, practicing A2A and a Case I after shooting down the SU-33. 

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

12 hours ago, Uxi said:

I usually try to park there...

Pilots don't get to chose their parking spots. They just follow ground crew directions.

You can edit the mission and save as you please.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

6 hours ago, draconus said:

Pilots don't get to chose their parking spots. They just follow ground crew directions.

You can edit the mission and save as you please.

Ha, if only there were ground crew directions,  dearming, etc. 

My main point is there was a change however minor not documented in the notes which begs question of what else. 

Specs & Wishlist:

8 hours ago, Uxi said:

Ha, if only there were ground crew directions,  dearming, etc. 

My main point is there was a change however minor not documented in the notes which begs question of what else. 

There wasn't. Likely a tanker landed and parked there. 🙂

On 9/30/2021 at 8:28 PM, draconus said:

I took on an IA mission in Marianas - F-14A Case I SC. We take off with 16000 lbs from Andersen AFB just to fly 40nm and trap - you know what I mean?

dump it dump it real hard 😄

Will fix.

• Like 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 3:18 PM, IronMike said:

There wasn't. Likely a tanker landed and parked there. 🙂

You're right, of course. I just splashed the SU-33, refueled to 17000 pounds and then trapped twice.  The tanker wasn't there the first time but was by my second trap. 

Specs & Wishlist:

• IronMike unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...
3 hours ago, ASW said:

I can't figure out what LT is. Aspect Angle and RT. Aspect Angle. Is this the angle the enemy is looking at me from?

rt.jpg

Yes, it's RT 90.