Kilted_Kerbal

24 минуты назад, Kilted_Kerbal сказал:

Is there any plans for the now realeased Early Access for the Mosquito to be added to the ongoing trial license program? I know the Hind was added same day as release to this, and hoping to try the Mossie as well prior to purchase.

I second, not available for trial at the moment.

16 hours ago, Morat said:

It's worth it though 🙂

Not until I get to try it it isn't.  I don't have any WW2 planes yet.  The new ones should be the first ones added to the trial so they can take advantage of the 'hype-sales'.  I'm wondering why there's been no response from ED yet after they clearly stated it would be part of the trial.

Edited by aleader
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

3 minutes ago, aleader said:

Not until I get to try it it isn't.  I don't have any WW2 planes yet.  The new ones should be the first ones added to the trial so they can take advantage of the 'hype-sales'.  I'm wondering why there's been no response from ED yet after they clearly stated it would be part of the trial.

Entitlement much? 

• Like 3

Plenty of Youtube vids to check it out before you buy - have to say I have all the Warbirds and she is up there with the best, if not the best. If you are interested you should buy as you wont be disappointed. It's not a large cost (around £30) which is far less than most AAA games and you will get a damn sight more fun and longevity out this module 🙂

Edited by dokken1212
  • Like 1

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Thermaltake 360 AIO Water Cooler

32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz RGB RAM

GeForce RTX 2080 Super [ NVIDIA]

512GB Adata M2 NVME (boot drive)

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Corsair RM850x Power Supply

Phanteks Enthoo Evolve Case

Samsung 43" 4K Smart TV (used as monitor)

TRACK IR 5 + Wireless DelanClip Head Tracker

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

24 minutes ago, fapador said:

@dokken1212 You can't try the flightmodel from Youtube videos. Personally its what I care the most

You are right - was only saying it's cheap compared to AAA games and many would agree it is one of the best warbirds. Just trying to help 🙂. This video should help regarding flight dynamics.

Edited by dokken1212
  • Like 1

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

18 hours ago, Morat said:

It's worth it though 🙂

Maybe.....but I want to try it before commiting to any purchase. Not to say that ED put stuff on early release with issues or anything.....but you know.......? So it would be nice to have the option. And precedent was set by the Mi-24 Hind where they did exactly that - went straight to trial license on the day it was released. 

• Like 1

2 часа назад, DD_Fenrir сказал:

Entitlement much? 

I don't know about you guys but in DCS terms I'm legally blind. I have no TrackIR, no VR, no trim hat on my 4-button joystick straight from the 90's that I bought for $5. The only way I can look around is the numpad. I more or less manage in more modern modules thanks to radars, HSI, datalink and whatnot, but I guess you can see how that would work with warbirds. That's why it's so important for me to try before I buy something I won't get any fun out of.

Then again, ED did say they are interested in making a cargo plane, and they have just released an aircraft with a bomb bay. A guy can dream :pilotfly:

Fingers crossed.
Truth is I've spent far too much money on non-refundable units to instantly get buyers remorse (talking pre-trial era) as you had no real feeling for a unit until you fly it or try to get into it's systems etc.
From quite a while ago I refuse to buy any units unless trialed first. Some just don't turn out to be what you expect and others are a good surprise.
I'd say most people can get a feel for a unit within an hour or 2, so even a 24 hour trial is acceptable.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:43 AM, DD_Fenrir said:

Entitlement much? 

Not that I need to respond to your drivel, but I am a customer, and IL2 offers up a hell of a lot more planes for a tiny fraction of the price.  I don't give a toss if they have clicky cockpits.  

On 9/18/2021 at 9:58 AM, dokken1212 said:

Plenty of Youtube vids to check it out before you buy - have to say I have all the Warbirds and she is up there with the best, if not the best. If you are interested you should buy as you wont be disappointed. It's not a large cost (around £30) which is far less than most AAA games and you will get a damn sight more fun and longevity out this module 🙂

Yah, the WW2 planes are not an instant buy for me by any stretch.  This ain't the Apache.  I already have every module of IL2, and paid a grand total of about $70 CAD for ALL of them on sale.  This one plane is $63 CAD, on sale, and with zero content.  They need to convince me to buy it, and a trial is the only way I may be convinced.  

• Like 3

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

2 hours ago, aleader said:

Not that I need to respond to your drivel, but I am a customer, and IL2 offers up a hell of a lot more planes for a tiny fraction of the price.  I don't give a toss if they have clicky cockpits.  

Yah, the WW2 planes are not an instant buy for me by any stretch.  This ain't the Apache.  I already have every module of IL2, and paid a grand total of about $70 CAD for ALL of them on sale.  This one plane is $63 CAD, on sale, and with zero content.  They need to convince me to buy it, and a trial is the only way I may be convinced.  

First of all I am not sure you will have 'ALL' the content for IL2 if you paid $70 total for 'every module' - as Normandy and FC2 are not on offer and have not been 'on sale' due to 'Early Access' (I know as I have them all including Normandy and FC2) - so for that price I strongly suspect you likely have most IL2 modules, but not 'every' module. Plus if you have 'every' IL2 module you will know that FC2 and Normandy have shipped with virtually zero content (no maps, no campaign, no career etc - only a few aircraft so far) and you say you bought them, so why not the Mosquito? If you don't want to buy, don't buy. If you want a trial then await a trial. Furthermore, there is, and soon will be, plenty of content for the Mosquito. For example, once Liberation is updated there you will have campaigns, there is training to do in the meantime and some missions it ships with and given the excellence of this community missions and campaigns will pop up soon too. That is not 'zero content' but comes with some content initially, with loads to come - more than Normandy and FC2 combined have shipped with in IL2 due to their very early access state.

Edited by dokken1212
  • Like 1

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Great no response  No Trial, seems like Its intentional.

Apparrently, they lost sales from the mi24p, and decided not to go through with it again . Reminds me of the cyberpunk fiasco In a way. I am glad I didn't buy it. I never do support incomplete work. Only thing that happens is that  they loose interest and move into the next scheduled piece of work. The development then goes real slow if not stopped and we have to wait years for bugs to be remedied and problems to be solved. As long as there are inconsiderate rush people out there paying first day this will always happen, and trust me they are a lot of them, which is the reason ED releases these products this way and doesn't use internal testing extensively.

I don't care how people will respond to my opinion, I post it because I really think it reflects on reality...

Obsessed with FM's

• ED Team

Yes, there is still no trial for Mosquito. We haven't forgotten about it. It's not added to the trial on purpose. 

It will be added to trial program during Autumn.

There are a lot of videos and reviews for Mosquito to make the decision. And if you are still unsure we will provide the possibility to try it later on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, fapador said:

... . As long as there are inconsiderate rush people out there paying first day this will always happen, and trust me they are a lot of them, which is the reason ED releases these products this way and doesn't use internal testing extensively.

I don't care how people will respond to my opinion, I post it because I really think it reflects on reality...

I am one of them, who did throw money on ED in a inconsiderate way. So while you are ranting in flying this beauty. Why do you make a fuss in the first place, if it is already clear you won't buy her in EA, there is no need to test her out just yet. Wait until release and then do the trial, until then stop cussing at people with a different point of view

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fapador said:

I never do support incomplete work.

This, by definition, means you would not be buying anything in early access. So the trial is pointless for you until the module is released out of EA.

21 minutes ago, fapador said:

As long as there are inconsiderate rush people out there paying first day

I am really enjoying flying the Mosquito. Well worth the cost. Much rather get early access, fully understanding the implications.

Not to say that it is perfect.

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 1

The Mossie as it stands has a few niggling bugs.

Whilst the dedicated Mossie fans are having too much fun to be overly fussed about these, they could be sufficiently irksome to those with a passing interest that it might colour their impressions badly and result in lost sales.

Can you then blame them for wanting to give it a bit more polish before introducing it to the on the fence market?

As for:

On 9/20/2021 at 12:50 AM, aleader said:

What the flying fornication does that have to do with anything? You're in DCS so you've already reconciled the cost differential. Ultimately DCS WW2 brings you something the other doesn't and vice versa. I have both and enjoy both in different ways.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:50 AM, aleader said:

Then I refer to my previous answer.

You're interpretation of value is different than mine, I get it. You wanna try it out, sure, I get that too. But the snotty attitude of some - not necessarily you - walzing in and demanding their free tryout and getting petulant about it when ED ask them politely to wait is distasteful at best.

If you're that bothered about the Mossie then buy it. If you're on the fence then have the patience and dignity to wait until ED think it's better representative of the final article. That way you aren't judging an unfinished product.

Edited by DD_Fenrir
  • Like 2

@AdrianL @Lt_JaegerThe non existance of a trial was  dissapointment* for many people here as it was expected. Nevertheless If you have bought the module go play, there is no reason for you to post in this topic.  I think ED owed to have made at least an announcement so people wouldn't have to wait 3 days for a trial like its a freakin hold line...

*yet another for me 

Edited by fapador

Obsessed with FM's