Painfully loud loud & high-pitched whining after takeoff

Caster

Just took off for the first time in the mossie, and she's a beaut (tutorial with the horrid takeoff assist doesn't count 😛 )

After taking off and climbing (I was probably aorund 2000ft, but wasn't paying attention) there was an ear splitting whine to the left of the pilot. This occured somewhere around when I turned north up the coast, after passing back over the airfield. I couldn't obviously figure out what it was, and it was nearly painful. Is this a weird bug, or have I miseed something that I can turn off / down? I turned on the VHF, but left the rest of the radios alone, so unsure what it could be. Only had this in a multiplayer mission, so track is too large to upload herer, but have attached a drive link if you're happy to use that. Thanks!   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DaRmcuUomCJ0o_AAG3qYCQsX8vAzbrAR/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Fly fast and leave a pretty wreck

48 minutes ago, Bagpipe said:

yeah manifold pressure should be 7 minimum for level flight or there abouts. lower and the alarm sounds

At high alts, that would mean full throttle, because of the pressure drop. So it's related to the position of the throttle levers, not the MP. It's 1/3 open according to the manual, IIRC. If they're further back, you'll hear the sound.

• Like 1

Mines still doing it at high throttle too tho doesn't matter what altitude or power level won't shut up till I lower the gear? That isn't right I know it's sposed to it at low rpm for landing but not cruise speeds.

hmm did quick made mission on channel map and its fine didnt do it at all.

the one earlier was part of the startup training mission i wonder if thats go a little problem?

other than that this thing is awesome flies beautifully havent found any other problems yet, nice job guys best plane yet.

Edited by Kiwi_Viper

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

8 hours ago, Reflected said:

At high alts, that would mean full throttle, because of the pressure drop. So it's related to the position of the throttle levers, not the MP. It's 1/3 open according to the manual, IIRC. If they're further back, you'll hear the sound.

Ahhh...makes more sense that way yes. Thanks (haven't even read the manual yet, having too much fun with it!)