F/A-18C RISE OF THE PERSIAN LION CAMPAIGN UPDATE WITH ADDITION ADDED DIFFICULTY VERSION

Hi

With latest latest DCS update I have issued numerous improvements to the original campaigns.

The update  also includes an additional campaign version with increased difficulty. So the campaign currently comes with three versions. The EZ A2A refuel version, the main campaign version and now the main version but with increased difficulty. All included with original campaign.

Hope you enjoy.

Badger633

• Like 2

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 1 month later...

Hi Glen,

As with the Serpent's Head, great campaign many thanks. 

I have a question please. After finishing the "normal" version of the Persian Lion campaign, I jumped into the Increased Difficulty version and loved the extra bits for Missions 1 and 2 (meaning the Time on Target for the first and the Fly close to the track for the second).

However, for the next three missions I have not seen any difference. Is that correct? 

Thanks again Glen and many congratulations again on this release,

John

5 hours ago, john_e_alarcon said:

Hi Glen,

As with the Serpent's Head, great campaign many thanks. 

I have a question please. After finishing the "normal" version of the Persian Lion campaign, I jumped into the Increased Difficulty version and loved the extra bits for Missions 1 and 2 (meaning the Time on Target for the first and the Fly close to the track for the second).

However, for the next three missions I have not seen any difference. Is that correct? 

Thanks again Glen and many congratulations again on this release,

John

Hi John

Thanks for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed the campaign.

Ok these were the changes for the increased difficulty version of the campaign.

Spoiler

MISSION

1 Time over display requirement added.

2 Greater accuracy required along flight route. 

3 Changed SAM type to increase strike radius.

4 Increased speed of Boghammers and so less time to stop them before fail if they get to boat.

5 Reduced size of confirmation zone over target and added more ships to confuse.

6 Helos now harder to kill, Bogies now have front and back homing A2A missiles.

7 Increase speed of vehicles, vehicles harder to kill require accurate strike.

8 Bogies given  front and back homing A2A missiles, Bogies more difficult to kill need a more accurate strike.

9 Targets harder to kill needs a more accurate strike.

10 Increased speed of chasing vehicles, add additional mig.

11 Additional manpads, Cruiser harder to kill need accurate strike.

12 Target now harder to kill. additional guns.

13 Better enemy helo pilots, more guns on island, remove 1 aim120 for a Aim9X

14 Added second mig.

15 Remove ability to be hit twice by AAA before fail. 

Hope this helps. 

Badger633 

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

3 hours ago, CH4Pz said:

Hi @Badger633, ive tried the increased difficulty version twice now, both times i hit the display in the minutes 20 and 29, flew exactly over the centre of the runways and after the second it keeps telling me i failed my slot, is the second time possibly bugged?

Hi

I don't believe so. John_e_alarcon above seems to have completed it ok. I will check it out though. If you could send me a track or Tacview file that would be useful. If you miss the first slot you will get a fail shortly after leaving the first airfield, so you must have passed that one. If you fail the second pass you will get a fail as you approach the coast  You have to be in the airfield zone at 29 but get 30 seconds leeway before and after this time. What does the fail message say?

Badger633 

3 hours ago, chrisofsweden said:

Is this campaign playable with a friend in MP, or could be modified to allow for this?

Hi

I am afraid not. Single person campaigns are designed that way. Multi player campaigns really need to be designed from scratch. You can always play a single person designed campaign missions by adding an additional player to the missions. However the campaign script will only respond to the main player and the additional player could create some unexpected results. To be honest if it was straight forward you would see more multiplayer options with the released campaigns.

Also all DCS published campaigns are protected for obvious reasons.

Sorry couldn't help.

Badger633

15 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Hi

I don't believe so. John_e_alarcon above seems to have completed it ok. I will check it out though. If you could send me a track or Tacview file that would be useful. If you miss the first slot you will get a fail shortly after leaving the first airfield, so you must have passed that one. If you fail the second pass you will get a fail as you approach the coast  You have to be in the airfield zone at 29 but get 30 seconds leeway before and after this time. What does the fail message say?

Badger633 

Just says i failed my time slot (after 2nd one), maybe im hitting it later in the minute? the second time i hit burners to make the min, so maybe was later in that minute, i thought i had 30 seconds AFTER 29, but i guess its 30 secs from 29:00 ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CH4Pz said:

Just says i failed my time slot (after 2nd one), maybe im hitting it later in the minute? the second time i hit burners to make the min, so maybe was later in that minute, i thought i had 30 seconds AFTER 29, but i guess its 30 secs from 29:00 ? 

It will be in the range of 28minutes and 30 seconds to 29 minutes and 30 seconds.

I will check it out.

Edited by Badger633

5 hours ago, Badger633 said:

It will be in the range of 28minutes and 30 seconds to 29 minutes and 30 seconds.

I will check it out.

No Need, i just completed the mission, as mentioned i must of been in the high 29's, i made sure i was there on the second an passed first shot. Cheers for the help 🙂

1 hour ago, CH4Pz said:

No Need, i just completed the mission, as mentioned i must of been in the high 29's, i made sure i was there on the second an passed first shot. Cheers for the help 🙂

No problem, we’ll done 😄👍

Badger633

• 3 months later...
42 minutes ago, chase said:

@Badger633

I prefer choosing the miz i want to fly directly from the ME. The 3 types are listed as regular, EZ, and HK.

I'm assuming the

"EZ"= is the simplified ATA 

And the

"HK" = increased difficulty

thanks for any clarification on this.

Dave

Hi Dave

That's it 👍

Some of the miz files are shared between campaign options as no point having an EZ mission if there isn't a tanker in the mission.

Hope you enjoy

Badger633

4 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Some of the miz files are shared between campaign options as no point having an EZ mission if there isn't a tanker in the mission.

Ah ok. I see that now. Good point..

Thanks for the quick reply.

And nicely done missions. Very relaxed but also entertaining. Looking forward to exploring these missions. : )

Take care.

Dave.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Marcin_B said:

Hi. I have a problem with mission 8. After an air fight, the wingman crashes every time and the plane bounces off the water like a ball. Does anyone else have such a bug?

Hi

When that happens it normally means the wingman has run out of fuel. Is the air fight going on for a long time? Also try not speed unless you have to and give him time to join you. If he is having to use a lot of burner to keep up he could be using a lot of fuel.

Hope this helps

Badger633

• 8 months later...

Starting the  campaign  again  after  done  it  a long  time  ago,  1st mission  wave   was  no where  to be seen 🙂  till the  tanker,  2nd  mission  i  couldnt  complete  since  kept on saying  off  way point  etc although was following  the  flight plan.  Was wondering  if  the latest patches  have  broke  any thing  in the mission  triggers

11 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Starting the  campaign  again  after  done  it  a long  time  ago,  1st mission  wave   was  no where  to be seen 🙂  till the  tanker,  2nd  mission  i  couldnt  complete  since  kept on saying  off  way point  etc although was following  the  flight plan.  Was wondering  if  the latest patches  have  broke  any thing  in the mission  triggers

That’s a real possibility. Will have a look at it. Have you got a Tacview of the 2nd mission.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Badger633 said:

That’s a real possibility. Will have a look at it. Have you got a Tacview of the 2nd mission.

Thanks

Does  the  alt matter at all  since  i  was  a little  high  most  of the  time?

Tacview-20221215-203402-DCS-HKPersian 2 Reunion with the Union.zip.acmi

Tacview-20221216-160618-DCS-HKPersian 2 Reunion with the Union.zip.acmi

Edited by pete_auau

On 12/16/2022 at 4:07 AM, pete_auau said:

Thanks for the Files. Have now checked it out. There is a problem with mission 1 and the wingman, now fixed and will be out in next update. 
Strange one mission 2 as way point track line does not coordinate with actual position on map in game. Will check with DCS can be fixed though and will also be out next update.

Thanks for the heads up.