Ground handling question....

BoNidle

Hugely impressed with so far. Thanks very much.

But I'm a bit puzzled as to how to manouver this amazing aircraft on the ground? I was expecting differential braking I map to my pedals, but it appears not to be.

I am using a combination of brake, stick, rudder and swearing at the moment, so I think I've missed something.

Anyone assist? As my taxy's and take off's are bloody awful at the moment.

It's MASSIVELY easier than the Spit!

I don't even have split throttles, just a bit of differential braking does the trick.

I map the brake lever axis (under Stick in the controls) to the left toe brake on my Saitek pedals.

With a gentle pressure on the toe brake and decent deflection on the rudder bar you can do really nice smooth turn on the ground without a groundloop.

You just need a little bit of throttle and a bit of a roll forwards, RPM in fine.

AND you can actually see over the nose!! fantastic 🙂

Edited by Morat

It's the other way for me ;).

I wish the brake lever had the same sensitivity as in the Spit when it's assigned to button/key. In the Spit I can turn almost quite smoothly by just short tapping the paddle lever on my Warthog stick. The lever in Mossie makes the brake pressure go from 0 to 100 much faster, making the smooth turning more difficult than in Spit (for someone who doesn't want to map the brake to one of toe axes, that is).

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yes, that seems so - but if you have pedals with toe brakes it's super simple with the tiniest amount of practice.

When I jumped on a WW2 server to try the Mossie out I found I'd mistakenly bound brakes to my discord PTT. Oops! 🙂

Edited by Morat

1 hour ago, BoNidle said:

Mapped the brake to the left rudder toe pedal and put a curve on it, can now take off without everyone on the airfield pointing and laughing, thanks chaps.

I'd suggest mapping both toe brakes to the same thing ( you can bind multiple things to the same action ) - that way you don't find yourself pushing the other brake pedal & wondering why nothing's happening...

Also I find it easier to use the foot I'm pushing on the pedals with to also apply brake pressure anyway.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

I mapped my pedals so that they are rudder control, with the left pedal as the brake. Took a moment to get used to it, but it works well.

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

You can map both toes on the rudder pedals to the wheel brake axis. Also you can axis tune the x and y as you see fit. Now I use rudder to turn either left or right and use the same toe also. Notice had to invert.

20210918_155509.jpg

20210918_155614.jpg

20210918_155526.jpg

Edited by TwoLate
Add pics.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]