Gun sight removal

hazzer

Would be lovely to be able to remove this for just flying around as it isn't possible to see the vertical speed indicator when it's in place. For just throwing it around it is in the way when I'm enjoying the magnificent vr views. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2021 at 9:26 PM, Rainbowgirl said:

Keep such a smart arse solution to yourself because  obviously you haven`t got a clue what you are talking about.

Well aren't you a bold font of knowledge...
I do it regularly.
Also, have a look here for how useful it is (not my video).

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 11:16 PM, No1sonuk said:

Well aren't you a bold font of knowledge...
I do it regularly.
Also, have a look here for how useful it is (not my video).

We are talking about 2 different things. You fly at low level. I do 2+ hours long distance cruising at 4-8 km altitude in all warbirds depending on their supercharger capabilities , often above first layer of clouds. Gunsight can `t be aligned with horizon up there. In order to keep the plane`s constant speed [ and constant trim settings ],  pitching up and down must be eliminated as much as possible. Vertical speed indicator is the most precise gauge  to use for the task . Altimeter  is not suitable  substitude either.

Edited by Rainbowgirl

I dont see any reason to remove the sight. if it was this awkward in reality, well lets keep it that way. If people want a removed gunsight, a warbird version say, then remove the main armament too.

Its not exactly easy to see, even in VR. But when you go down the road of making it easier to use, you may as well give it a digital cockpit IMHO.

5 hours ago, Rainbowgirl said:

We are talking about 2 different things. You fly at low level. I do 2+ hours long distance cruising at 4-8 km altitude in all warbirds depending on their supercharger capabilities , often above first layer of clouds. Gunsight can `t be aligned with horizon up there. In order to keep the plane`s constant speed [ and constant trim settings ],  pitching up and down must be eliminated as much as possible. Vertical speed indicator is the most precise gauge  to use for the task . Altimeter  is not suitable  substitude either.

Altimeter is very much a suitable alternative. It shows the vertical speed aswell, and is much more visible. 

If you dont want to use the altimeter, up to you. Then just lean a bit to the right and then you can see the VSI between the gunsight and IR lamp. 

And especially in real life using the altimeter to stay level is easier and quicker than looking at the slower reacting VSI. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rainbowgirl said:

Then get a 3D Printer, servo, arduino and make one...

NTy4IKn.jpg 

This is a sim, not an arcade game. And the gunsight did block the view of the VSI in reality. The cockpit of this aircraft was totally totally un-ergonomic and the sim replicates that. I hate it too, but I accept its realism. After a few missions in this monster I love to fly a FW-190 though.

The request of the OP might make sense for game view; but certainly not for the sim.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

45 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

This is a sim, not an arcade game. And the gunsight did block the view of the VSI in reality. The cockpit of this aircraft was totally totally un-ergonomic and the sim replicates that. I hate it too, but I accept its realism. After a few missions in this monster I love to fly a FW-190 though.

The request of the OP might make sense for game view; but certainly not for the sim.

Here,here,I totally agree........this is not an arcade game,if the gunsight blocks the VSI too bad,that's the way it is,that's reality,accept it.

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home