Losing a lock on a target breaks Datalink updates on FCR and HSD pages.

Rhayvn

If you lock a single target, or a second one in DTT, and lose the lock, the track is frozen on both the FCR and HSD pages.

image.png

The target at 06 has been dead for over 5 minutes.  The one at 18 is 20+ miles from the shown location.  This is with an AWACS airborne that was showing those tracks on the HSD before I locked them.  If I find the brick and relock the original target, the track updates it's location, but I get no datalink indication of where it is after the lock is lost.  None.  It's fozen in the lost lock location on both the FCR and HSD.

Another example:

image.png

The target at 32 was locked by me and then dropped.  It is actually about 5 miles in front of the target at 26 at the time of the screenshot.  But, the datalink is only updating the one, of the pair, that I never locked up.  At this point I can turn in and re-acquire the target that was at 32 and the track will update based on my own radar lock, but never again by datalink.

The only way to clear this seems to be switching from RWS to TWS or vice versa.  This also only seems to happen with the last two tracks locked. Locking a third, removes the ghost of the first.

This makes using the radar in a datalink environment highly problematic as not only are you not getting the right information, you are being shown out of date information.  This also shows the ghosts when not using datalink at all, but I could understand that scenario as long as they eventually aged out or had a button to clear.

Edited by Rhayvn
  • Like 6

Another example to make it more clear.  These two aircraft are flying in close formation.  I locked one up, then dropped the lock.

Notice the one I locked and dropped, is frozen at the point I dropped the lock.  The other on is constantly updated by DL.

My radar is actually painting both, but the original dropped track is frozen at that dropped location.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1