Free Flight Freeze at Spawn Objects

Steve Gee

Spitfire, P-51 and P-47 all cause DCS to not respond as soon as the Spawn Objects part of the loading process starts, forces a hard restart. The Mosquito Free Flight mission works fine. Have not tried any of the German crates. Multiple repairs of the installation change nothing on those three mentioned.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I'm getting this issue both in Channel and Normandy, but I'm not sure that it's the Spit/P-51/P-47 that are the cause, I think it is something else but can't pin it down yet.

Edit: If it is sitting at 'spawn objects' for a long time, give it some more time. Seems it just takes forever and a day to load now.

Edited by Surrexen

10 hours ago, Steve Gee said:

Spitfire, P-51 and P-47 all cause DCS to not respond as soon as the Spawn Objects part of the loading process starts, forces a hard restart. The Mosquito Free Flight mission works fine. Have not tried any of the German crates. Multiple repairs of the installation change nothing on those three mentioned.

41 minutes ago, Surrexen said:

I'm getting this issue both in Channel and Normandy, but I'm not sure that it's the Spit/P-51/P-47 that are the cause, I think it is something else but can't pin it down yet.

Have you simply tried to give it some more time?

I have noticed quite longer loading times as well, exactly during the Spawn Objects phase. But it doesn't crash or anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Picchio said:

I have noticed quite longer loading times as well, exactly during the Spawn Objects phase. But it doesn't crash or anything.

Yes I had just updated my response. I am noticing that dynamic spawns for WW2 content are taking much longer to spawn in than usual, and yes the maps are taking a lot longer to load. No issue with the modern jets on Syria etc.

Launching into Free Flight Caucasus map with the Mosquito also freezes at Spawn Objects. Bringing up the task manager - the Task Manager UI is also locked. My machine shows the DCS process running at a constant 8% CPU but the PC is unresponsive. Only a Ctrl + Alt + Delete, Reboot will restore windows. I haven't done exhaustive testing of waiting for the Spawn Objects, I gave up after a couple of minutes. Several retries - same result. Mosquito Free Flight on the on Channel Map did not exhibit this behavior.

Edited by Budgie68

On 9/18/2021 at 12:56 AM, Steve Gee said:

Well, it does respond, but it feels like for ever even on a Ryzen 5950x 128 GB RAM with a RTX3090, two PCIe 4.0 M2. SSDs one for OS, one for DCS ... So i'd say it ain't a hardware problem.
Was wondering why it takes a few minutes on startup. I've added a sample mission, takes about 3.5 Minutes on my system to get over 'Spawn objects'. Thank god i'm not alone with this bug.

TRAINING_CHANNEL_WWII.miz

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

15 hours ago, Picchio said:

I did 1 and a half loads of laundry (2 wash, 1 dry) while waiting for those three to load. They never did. The Mossie one works perfect and loads lickity-split, as does every thing else on my system, as well as the aforementioned three missions before this latest patch. 

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

1 hour ago, Steve Gee said:

I did 1 and a half loads of laundry (2 wash, 1 dry) while waiting for those three to load. They never did. The Mossie one works perfect and loads lickity-split, as does every thing else on my system, as well as the aforementioned three missions before this latest patch. 

It's not related to the Mossy. It's related to WWII aircraft in general. Same Mission with WWII A/C -> 1 Minute load time, replace it with jets 8 seconds ...

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

Same issue on both Normandy and the Channel maps.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just glad I am not alone with this....pretty sure its related to the last update.

Would like BigNewey to look at this

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

• ED Team

Hi,

this was reported and fixed in the current open beta 

if you are still having issues please let me know your system spec and attach the mission 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2