VR: Pilot View doesn't switch to gunsight, when gunsight is turned on.

MarcT-NL

I selected the option to move to the gunsight when it was switched on, but nothing happens when I do, no view change. I will continue to test, I may have missed something but as far as I can see at the moment it does not work my end.

This is on a MP server.

I'm also in VR.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I was playing around with this, and for me, it won't shift if the gunsight can't actually turn on (i.e. if I'm sitting on the ground, cold). Otherwise, it remains in the default view position. I can't speak to the tutorials as I haven't started in on them yet, but this is what I've seen just fooling around in the mission editor.

The setting has no effect in VR, may be intentional. IIRC it's like that in other airplanes too. 

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Flying in VR, so can't speak to 2D...  I've tried both settings in "Special".  Switch to gunsight view when gunsight is powered on, and also Always use gunsight view.  Pilot view is always left/default view.  This DID work in the included Training mission on cockpit familiarity, but doesn't work on my own "free flight" missions (nothing other than flying waypoint to waypoint around channel map with AI.   

• ED Team

This is correct as is, the wonder of VR means you can physically lean across 🙂

• Like 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

15 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

This is correct as is, the wonder of VR means you can physically lean across 🙂

Ok thanks! Makes sense... Sucks being left eye dominant. Good thing I have wheels on my chair. I’ll mess around with recenter VR view and deliberately shift Left when I set it, so normal seating should be closer to the sight. 

• 3 weeks later...

In VR using Pimax 9axis sensor and motion compensation I need that setting specified in the DCS settings to provide at least half the width of the pilots seat to provide alignment with the sight.

NB: I have since found by assigning a POV 4 position control to the cockpit camera view it is easy to set virtually any pilot position in the cockpit

Edited by Farmer