CTD external object tracking w/ ground impact

rwbishUP
Go to solution Solved by silverdevil,

CTD every time, @ ground impact point, when tracking weapon or aircraft in external view.

dcs.log-20210918-064202.zip

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

*UPDATE* found that also getting CTD, when viewing the weapon impact from inside the cockpit. Not every time, but more times than not. *edit* Problem must be progressing with each launch, has gotten to point where if anything linked to aircraft is destroyed, gamed instantly CTD, unplayable.

Edited by rwbishUP

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

@rwbishUP - i am trying to understand the problem you are having. you are watching a weapons progress via F6 and at the time of impact you CTD? also happening when you are watching impact from pilots vantage point?

i do see a lot of script errors in your log. have you tried to do a basic mission? i saw another post with similar issues and the user is zoning in on a script issue too. perhaps a scripting bug was introduced in the latest patch?

Edited by silverdevil
added parlance

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Have found that CTD occurs, when any airborne object impacts the ground. Doesn't matter if it's an AI aircraft, released weapon, etc. I have tried with a simple mission. Now it won't even let me send an in game crash report, and can't find a saved track file for crashed mission. Even when ground/water impact isn't in view.

Just flew a simple, module included mission, it recorded full report for this one.....

dcs.log-20210919-153619.zip

Edited by rwbishUP
add info

• Solution

@rwbishUP i see "device unplugged" just before mini dump. do you use track ir? if so try this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/6ntkz6/crash_fix_for_trackir_users_ive_figured_it_out/

a usb controller on your system is disconnecting and causing the crash. the link may make a difference on any of your controllers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/f38hbf/psa_set_your_pc_to_high_performance_mode/

• Thanks 1

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

@silverdevilI had my trackIR connected to a usb hub with a couple other things. I went to topic you posted, after reading. I done some usb rearranging and changed the power setting. So far no more crashes. I  used to get trackir disconnect msg occasionally but it never stopped working so I didn't  think anything of it. So hoping that was causing the conflict. Thanks a lot for helping me out!

Edited by rwbishUP
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, rwbishUP said:

@silverdevilI had my trackIR connected to a usb hub with a couple other things. I went to topic you posted, after reading. I done some usb rearranging and changed the power setting. So far no more crashes. I  used to get trackir disconnect msg occasionally but it never stopped working so I didn't  think anything of it. So hoping that was causing the conflict. Thanks a lot for helping me out!

Excellent glad to help!