Bugged a target in TWS, but TWS does not automatically adjust the radar elevation anymore

SCPanda

Before the newest patch, once a target is bugged(aka locked and ready to fire) in TWS, TWS mode will automatically adjust radar elevation if the target changes altitude drastically or you are changing your own altitude drastically, like in a deep dive. Now, we have to manually adjust the radar elevation (which we couldn't before since it automatically did it for you) when target is bugged (similar to SAM mode now). Is this an intended/realistic behavior? Nothing about this change in the patch notes so I believe this is a bug. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In TWS elevation of the radar pattern is always slaved to the cursor attached target. Similarly when AIM-120 are actively guided (between launch and impact) the elevation is slaved to TOI, cursor, and then manual antenna control in decreasing priority. Oddly it's not possible to cursor attach to a tank-track or bug in DCS, only system-track. In any case when cursor is snapped to a target in TWS manipulation of the antenna elevation control should have no effect on actual antenna elevation.

On the other hand when cursor is not attached to target (and no AIM-120 in flight) then antenna elevation is manual.

• Thanks 1

I've noticed some strangeness with the radar and also Link16 contacts since this last patch, but I'm certainly getting BVR kills still. If you want something fixed you'll have to be very specific and provide a track. I am thinking about filing some bug reports myself.

• ED Team

Add a track replay of the issues you are having we will take a look, but I can tell you we are not having any issues. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 9/19/2021 at 1:11 AM, Frederf said:

In TWS elevation of the radar pattern is always slaved to the cursor attached target. Similarly when AIM-120 are actively guided (between launch and impact) the elevation is slaved to TOI, cursor, and then manual antenna control in decreasing priority. Oddly it's not possible to cursor attach to a tank-track or bug in DCS, only system-track. In any case when cursor is snapped to a target in TWS manipulation of the antenna elevation control should have no effect on actual antenna elevation.

On the other hand when cursor is not attached to target (and no AIM-120 in flight) then antenna elevation is manual.

Thx for the information Frederf.

Update: just tested TWS today and found another weird behavior: after bugging the target, the lock held for about few seconds and then the lock was dropped (target nor me was manuevering), and radar elevation was changed to all the way up (something to 99), which is not the elevation I set before locking the target. Basically TWS is unusable at the moment. 

1 hour ago, DCSoping said:

I see what is going on ! The radar elevation is not properly synced//alligned  !! 

Can you see ?

Yeah I have noticed the same behavior in TWS. Lock were dropped and radar elevation changed by itself from about -5 21 to something like 66 99. Very strange behavior.

Beats me, I got BVR kills in PVP with the new radar, its certainly shorter ranged and more janky like it should be IMO. But I never saw it "skipping" over stuff.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Just now, Dragon1-1 said:

Are you guys sure it's not a hardware/input issue? Say, radar elevation bound to something it shouldn't be?

Always smart to double check bindings after an update, sometimes weird things have happened.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• Wags changed the title to TWS Designation Losing Track