Inputting MGRS on STP 21-25 not actually possible?

AvroLanc

So I thought the whole idea of converting coords to MGRS on Steerpoints 21-25 was a feature to allow you to input a location in terms of UTM/MGRS. The current system does not allow you to input any data into the EASTING/NORTHING fields, nor to modify grid square........ The only thing that can be changed is the elevation.

What exactly was the point of this feature if it doesn't allow any input? Is this correct? WIP? Bug? Bit of a letdown?

• Like 5

An important part of utilizing MGRS for destinations 21-25 is defining the UTM origins. Destinations 21-25 have a separate latitude/longitude entry for the UTM origin to which the easting/northing is applied. This is separate from the L/L of the point as normal. Due to a software error which is possibly fixed by this version, the standard L/L can screw up the UTM origin so 0000s should be used for L/L when UTM is used.

Anyway the UTM origin stuff is all done under the LIST-ICP1 "DEST" page which is WIP. The UTM easting/northing stuff is done on an STPT subpage which is accessed by SEQ from the L/L subpage. SEQ on the STPT page currently does nothing in DCS so WIP. Notice that the MAN/AUTO automatic sequence selection is not using SEQ on the STPT page anymore. You have to dobber the *s around the word MAN o r AUTO and ICP0 MSEL to toggle that option.

45 minutes ago, Frederf said:

Anyway the UTM origin stuff is all done under the LIST-ICP1 "DEST" page which is WIP. The UTM easting/northing stuff is done on an STPT subpage which is accessed by SEQ from the L/L subpage. SEQ on the STPT page currently does nothing in DCS so WIP. Notice that the MAN/AUTO automatic sequence selection is not using SEQ on the STPT page anymore. You have to dobber the *s around the word MAN o r AUTO and ICP0 MSEL to toggle that option.

We are wondering in a real plane, is it possible to input easting/northing, or edit those inputs or not? Or will we be able to do that?

Edited by Furiz

OK, great but we're still at a position in 'DCS' where we can't input UTM yet. After Wags did his video on this feature you would expect it to work, but it doesn't. Very odd.

Can we assume this is very much WIP, and the intro video was a bit premature? In which case disappointing....

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

I have reported this to the team for checking

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2