Fov settings

prok

Please, move FOV limits from the server.lua file to the user view files. Integrity check of the most servers just block any changes of server.lua and do forced load of default one.

Or maybe the time to do some option to restrict the angle limits from the options menu, it would be fine twice.fov setting.jpg

• Like 1

★★★ 🇷🇺 ★★★

Yeah for sure. It’s a huge pain. Especially with the default FOV being set to a fisheye. I have it adjusted in the responses menu but had to give up doing in the lua for this reason. 

Even better would be to just add an FOV slider to the setting menu. 

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 3

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

22 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

But it would also be desirable to allow more realistic values for the range of motion of the head.

What does realistic value mean? Please don’t tell us the myth that pilots can’t turn their heads 

Currently the head turning mechanics are modeled very well in DCS

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Of course, pilots can turn their heads. How did you get this strange idea that they couldn't do it? I wanted to say that the zoom level is designed to be very generous by default. And is that, in terms of realism, a bit far-fetched. Or is that possible in RL ...? 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

33 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

How did you get this strange idea that they couldn't do it?

Lots of people seem to think that… of course they can see their six IRL

34 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

I wanted to say that the zoom level is designed to be very generous by default. And is that, in terms of realism, a bit far-fetched. Or is that possible in RL ...?

Your real life FOV is over 200d but a typical monitor at a 1:1 FOV would be like looking through a tube. That’s why there’s a zoom view so you can see realistically. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

Your real life FOV is over 200d but a typical monitor at a 1:1 FOV would be like looking through a tube.

🤦‍♂️ No.

A typical monitor at 1:1 FoV would be like looking through a monitor. Because that's what 1:1 FoV is.

For the 1:1 FoV to be like looking through a tube, you need to be looking through a tube, and if that is all the visual area your monitor covers, you need to seriously reconsider how you've arranged your furniture.

Oh, and each eye has a 120–130° FoV; the two combined clock in at roughly 180°, of which less than half is binocular, and half of that is your actual focus area that you use to see rather than just notice.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧