Manual

evanf117

1 hour ago, dambuster8178 said:

i know how to fly the thing but, ED's manuals are real good, they have extra and are formatted real well so i like to print them out and get them bound then read them when i have nothing to do, for instance read page 11 to 46 of the Mi-8 manual and you will see what i mean
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/documentation/magnificent_eight_flight_manual/ Mi-8 manual link

Edited by evanf117

The era of the 500+ pages long manuals is gone, I'm afraid. The A-10C and Ka-50 manuals are relics of the past for modules that are "complete" development-wise. With the accelerated development cycles and the nature of Early Access, I think you'll have to wait a few years before you get manuals as in-depth as the Ka-50 one for the Hind.

• Like 3

On 9/22/2021 at 6:01 AM, Charly_Owl said:

The era of the 500+ pages long manuals is gone, I'm afraid. The A-10C and Ka-50 manuals are relics of the past for modules that are "complete" development-wise. With the accelerated development cycles and the nature of Early Access, I think you'll have to wait a few years before you get manuals as in-depth as the Ka-50 one for the Hind.

sad but true, guess ill have to wait a while

After 25+ years of gaming I can't believe I'm saying this, but we have arrived at the point where we can use IRL documents for some aspects of a computer simulation. And you don't exactly need to leave your chair to get these. I mean, they are used to model the whole thing in the game in the first place, so except for the parts that have not been simulated they pretty much qualify. ROBOFIGHTER has been doing Lord's own work, for instance, collecting so much stuff right here in one place: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/type-is-document/user-is-ROBOFIGHTER/apply/?PER_PAGE=100

• Thanks 2

Ya I’m all about early access, but to stop and see how long it’s been since f18 is out and just know almost complete.  Some heavy duty modules in systems I. These modules.  I will also add love chucks guides, but I will say I grew up on those thick manuals.  Sure miss them in the End.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Not really sure what you guys are trying to say. "Sure miss them." "The era... is gone." "...relics of the past."

I consider these manuals a part of the module. The flight manual will need to be created before the module should be considered released. So it can't be in any way considered a thing of the past, when it exists in the future!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

even content creators need manuals. because all they do is regurgitate manuals at the lazy 🙂

Its basically chewed and semi digested for you like baby food 🙂

Edited by Quadg

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

On 9/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, randomTOTEN said:

Not really sure what you guys are trying to say. "Sure miss them." "The era... is gone." "...relics of the past."

I consider these manuals a part of the module. The flight manual will need to be created before the module should be considered released. So it can't be in any way considered a thing of the past, when it exists in the future!

I think part of what they’re saying are long manuals that explain everything in unscrupulous detail. Which I wish wasn’t true, I love things that do that like the Mi-8 manual for instance, I hope we get something similar 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg