A-10C 2 CDU and INS fails after DCS 2.7.6.12852 Open Beta update.

WarHog1071

Hey all, 

After the last update the A-10 has had some bugs it seems.

Bugs:

On startup there are errors including:

• IFFCC fail
  • CADC fail
  • GCAS fail
  • Left Gen fail
  • Hud fail

This seems to be online only in hot and cold started planes. This was with me and 2 others in my group 

Edited by WarHog1071

I have started the A-10 multiple times in the recent update and haven't seen this issue. Could you provide a short track showing the issue?

• Like 1

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

I watched the first track until the point where the CDU was powered down for the 2nd time.

The main issue is that you are not following correct startup procedures, and making plenty of errors.   I never saw a "load all" on DTC, there was no switch to EGI,... and many more errors.

I advise you to study the manual for correct startup procedures of the jet.

Also, the 476vFG has an excellent startup procedure for the Hog: 476th vFG A-10 II Flight Crew Checklist 01OCT20 - Downloads - 476th Virtual Fighter Group (476vfightergroup.com)

• Like 1

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

I watched both tracks and, in both of them, observed GCAS and LASTE failures showing on the caution light panel during startup for no apparent reason, and an IFFCC AV3 FAIL (or was it "FAILURE"?) advisory on both MFCDs.

With MP tracks, it seems one can't take control during the replay in order to test a few things, and the proper corrective actions for these failures were never taken in the first track. In the second track, it seems all faults were cleared and the aircraft looked about ready to taxi, but then the client slot was changed, and I didn't feel like watching all that all over again.

While there doesn't seem to be any pilot input to cause these failures, I would still advise, and rather strongly, to follow a proper checklist.

With the state of track replays, these tracks unfortunately don't seem to provide too much info as far as I can tell; tracks from VR are entirely vomit inducing to watch on 2D, and with the 2nd track some head tracking issues also made it pretty tough to keep up with what's happening.

On the current stable branch, I have not observed any of these failures, but I haven't flown the A-10C in the OpenBeta lately.

If you could try to replicate these problems in single player, that would be most helpful!

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2021 at 12:37 AM, WarHog1071 said:

Hey all, 

After the last update the A-10 has had some bugs it seems.

Bugs:

On startup there are errors including:

• IFFCC fail
  • CADC fail
  • GCAS fail
  • Left Gen fail
  • Hud fail

This seems to be online only in hot and cold started planes. This was with me and 2 others in my group 

Same fails in stable. adding TGP fail, CDU fail, and all your list. Other planes of friend in the multiplayer mission had Datalink fails, couldn't fire weapons, etc...

Something seems broke.

9 minutes ago, Katalan said:

Same fails in stable. adding TGP fail, CDU fail, and all your list. Other planes of friend in the multiplayer mission had Datalink fails, couldn't fire weapons, etc...

Something seems broke.

I don't know if you read the thread, but this was deemed to be user error. If you have a similar issue, I would check the procedures used and if you're still confident there is a bug open a separate thread, complete with a short track showing the problem.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Join the TTI Discord

55 minutes ago, Recoil16 said:

I don't know if you read the thread, but this was deemed to be user error. If you have a similar issue, I would check the procedures used and if you're still confident there is a bug open a separate thread, complete with a short track showing the problem.

User error in all team planes (A10, F18, JF17)??

In two different games after check all mission setup??

UHF radios in A10 completely gone (shutoff) but VHF still operative?

Never happened before last update and we didn't change nothing. I tried rearm fuses, CICU, reseting systems, nothing changed after fails. 

When on A10 got one fail, few seconds later the second A10 got the same fail.

Game looks broke.

10 hours ago, Katalan said:

In two different games after check all mission setup??

UHF radios in A10 completely gone (shutoff) but VHF still operative?

Never happened before last update and we didn't change nothing. I tried rearm fuses, CICU, reseting systems, nothing changed after fails. 

When on A10 got one fail, few seconds later the second A10 got the same fail.

Game looks broke.

Again, the issue in this thread was deemed to be user error by multiple people who watched the tracks provided and who I believe to be competent in the ways of the A-10C to make that judgement. If you have a similar issue that you are positive is a bug, please create a separate thread. If other aircraft types are also affected, please also create threads for the specific issues they face in the other modules' respective sub-forums. Further litigating in this thread isn't productive.

Join the TTI Discord

34 minutes ago, Recoil16 said:

Again, the issue in this thread was deemed to be user error by multiple people who watched the tracks provided and who I believe to be competent in the ways of the A-10C to make that judgement. If you have a similar issue that you are positive is a bug, please create a separate thread. If other aircraft types are also affected, please also create threads for the specific issues they face in the other modules' respective sub-forums. Further litigating in this thread isn't productive.

As the original post said form @WarHog1071 it only happens in multiplayer environment and affects all players. Seems then isn't the airplane module but the general environment. We will see next weeks of it goes. Meanwhile, DCS in multiplayer its in troubble.

• Like 2

I'm not sure the original problem was user error. There was certainly a lack of following checklists, but those errors probably shouldn't have appeared anyway. At least I've never noticed them, with or without checklist.

However, more tracks are always helpful in order to narrow this thing down. The shorter, the better.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 10/30/2021 at 3:37 PM, Yurgon said:

I'm not sure the original problem was user error. There was certainly a lack of following checklists, but those errors probably shouldn't have appeared anyway. At least I've never noticed them, with or without checklist.

However, more tracks are always helpful in order to narrow this thing down. The shorter, the better.

The problem is still there. A-10C / C II CDU presents several failures when in multiplayer, either in flight or even during the very starting up procedures.

• ED Team
46 minutes ago, PANTE48 said:

The problem is still there. A-10C / C II CDU presents several failures when in multiplayer, either in flight or even during the very starting up procedures.

please include a short track replay example of the issue. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, PANTE48 said:

What Bignewy said!

I fly the A-10C (both of them, mostly the A-10C II) almost once every week in MP, sometimes more often, together with a handful of other guys, and we never, ever run into this problem.

In other words, I'm not aware of any way to reproduce this problem, and OP never got around to providing a short single player track (or a short and concise MP track for that matter).

So, if you could recreate the problem in singleplayer, that would be amazing! If you can't, please try to reproduce it in a short and concise multiplayer track and share that track with us. That will really help to figure out what's going on here, and if it's user error (including how to avoid it) or a bug in DCS.

On 10/30/2021 at 1:28 AM, Katalan said:

I

Give me more info in the JF-17 issues, since It looks like you might need help, I know is not the thread, but it will confirm if it's due to user error or need a repair or something

Cuando puedas dime que te ha pasado en el JF-17, desde luego es un avión en el que hay que saber lo que haces

On 2/14/2022 at 5:58 PM, Yurgon said:

What Bignewy said!

I fly the A-10C (both of them, mostly the A-10C II) almost once every week in MP, sometimes more often, together with a handful of other guys, and we never, ever run into this problem.

In other words, I'm not aware of any way to reproduce this problem, and OP never got around to providing a short single player track (or a short and concise MP track for that matter).

So, if you could recreate the problem in singleplayer, that would be amazing! If you can't, please try to reproduce it in a short and concise multiplayer track and share that track with us. That will really help to figure out what's going on here, and if it's user error (including how to avoid it) or a bug in DCS.

I never experienced the problem in single player. As soon as I have a MP new track I'll post it here.

Could it be possible that the failure is provoked by a wrong server, or mission setting?

Thank you

Edited by PANTE48
added question

On 2/14/2022 at 5:26 PM, BIGNEWY said:

please include a short track replay example of the issue. 

thanks

In the tracks you can detect some inconsistencies between the suggested  "FLIGHT CREW CHECKLIST" PILOT 476th vFIGHTER GROUP SERIES A-10C II AIRCRAFT Prepared by Snoopy, and the flight manual. In particular, according to the manual, there is non need for setting the desired alignment when on ground as indicated in point 15 of the CL Prior to Start procedures, however even if I tried twice to restart the ground alignment, the CDU continued to show an IFFCC NOT READY message. The CL instructions suggest to turn on AHCP JTRS and CICU and to set AHCP IFFCC switch to TEST "ONLY "AFTER EGI INS ALIGNMENT IS COMPLETE", but as it appears in tracks, the CDU reaches this readiness only after the IFFCC is set to test. Proceeding with the check list, the CDU returns an IFFCC NOT READY message.

VFP CAU Multi spawn v.1.6-20220215-180740.trk

Edited by PANTE48

• ED Team

Sorry I am unable to use the track due to the mods. 

I will ask @Stuka to take a look. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, PANTE48 said:

In the tracks you can detect some inconsistencies between the suggested  "FLIGHT CREW CHECKLIST" PILOT 476th vFIGHTER GROUP SERIES A-10C II AIRCRAFT Prepared by Snoopy, and the flight manual. In particular, according to the manual, there is non need for setting the desired alignment when on ground as indicated in point 15 of the CL Prior to Start procedures, however even if I tried twice to restart the ground alignment, the CDU continued to show an IFFCC NOT READY message. The CL instructions suggest to turn on AHCP JTRS and CICU and to set AHCP IFFCC switch to TEST "ONLY "AFTER EGI INS ALIGNMENT IS COMPLETE", but as it appears in tracks, the CDU reaches this readiness only after the IFFCC is set to test. Proceeding with the check list, the CDU returns an IFFCC NOT READY message.

VFP CAU Multi spawn v.1.6-20220215-180740.trk 2.84 MB · 5 downloads

I looked at your track until the point where you restart alignment.

Until that part all was good.  CDU was at 4.0.0.8, indicating alignment is complete.

You just should continue with the checklist at that point, and everything will be ok.

After EGI INS alignment is complete:

19. CDU - ALIGN Page - Depress NAV LSK.
20. Nav Mode Select Panel (NMSP) - EGI and STR PT, ANCHR, or TACAN, as desired.
21. AHCP IFFCC switch - TEST.
22. AHCP JTRS switch - ON - As required.
23. AHCP CICU switch - ON.
24. MFCD (L/R) - As required.
25. MFCD (Load Page displayed) - Load data (as required).

• Like 2

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro