A-10C 2 CDU and INS fails after DCS 2.7.6.12852 Open Beta update.

WarHog1071

1 hour ago, Stuka said:

I looked at your track until the point where you restart alignment.

Until that part all was good.  CDU was at 4.0.0.8, indicating alignment is complete.

You just should continue with the checklist at that point, and everything will be ok.

After EGI INS alignment is complete:

19. CDU - ALIGN Page - Depress NAV LSK.
20. Nav Mode Select Panel (NMSP) - EGI and STR PT, ANCHR, or TACAN, as desired.
21. AHCP IFFCC switch - TEST.
22. AHCP JTRS switch - ON - As required.
23. AHCP CICU switch - ON.
24. MFCD (L/R) - As required.
25. MFCD (Load Page displayed) - Load data (as required).

Thank you very much for your help. I’ll try the method suggested. However according to your suggestion I have to press the NAV LSK even though the IFFCC line is not flashing as the manual suggests. Did I understand well?

I seem to remember that we would get INS NAV READY flashing in the CDU even with the IFFCC still in the OFF position, but I'm not 100% on that. Did anything change in that regard? Does someone have an older DCS-version installed and can cross-check?

Anyway, in the new track I saw repeated L-GEN cautions, with the left engine running and the left generator in the On position. The first one was cleared by cycling the generator, but shortly before the end of the track it came on again. And then, before the jet was shut down, I observed the same IFFCC AV3 FAIL accompanied by GCAS and LASTE cautions that OP already mentioned. Could it be that these errors appear after a certain time has passed, maybe the time between starting CDU+EGI and IFFCC? All tracks posted here took a long time to start the jet.

On the other hand, the L-GEN was there from the beginning, which seems to point to random or scripted failures.

Again, if anyone can recreate this problem im singleplayer, that would be a big help.

2 hours ago, Yurgon said:

I seem to remember that we would get INS NAV READY flashing in the CDU even with the IFFCC still in the OFF position, but I'm not 100% on that. Did anything change in that regard? Does someone have an older DCS-version installed and can cross-check?

Anyway, in the new track I saw repeated L-GEN cautions, with the left engine running and the left generator in the On position. The first one was cleared by cycling the generator, but shortly before the end of the track it came on again. And then, before the jet was shut down, I observed the same IFFCC AV3 FAIL accompanied by GCAS and LASTE cautions that OP already mentioned. Could it be that these errors appear after a certain time has passed, maybe the time between starting CDU+EGI and IFFCC? All tracks posted here took a long time to start the jet.

On the other hand, the L-GEN was there from the beginning, which seems to point to random or scripted failures.

Again, if anyone can recreate this problem im singleplayer, that would be a big help.

The server managers assure that random failure option is not selected on the mission. However every MP start is accompanied by several failures, mostly on CDU, but as noted also related to L-GEN, HUD, LASTE, etc.

Can you indicate me a server where I can test a start up and a flight 100% sure that it doesn’t point to random scripted failures?

Edited by PANTE48
Completeness

1 hour ago, PANTE48 said:

Can you indicate me a server where I can test a start up and a flight 100% sure that it doesn’t point to random scripted failures?

Not sure. Are the Virtual Aerobatics servers still around? I think they have no failures set.

Regarding scripted failures, I wish that was possible, but as far as I know it actually is not, at least not in MP. The only thing that could work there is the Random Failures setting. I think we have that on in my squad and we have like one minor failure every 20 or 30 flight nights, if not less.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yurgon said:

Not sure. Are the Virtual Aerobatics servers still around? I think they have no failures set.

Regarding scripted failures, I wish that was possible, but as far as I know it actually is not, at least not in MP. The only thing that could work there is the Random Failures setting. I think we have that on in my squad and we have like one minor failure every 20 or 30 flight nights, if not less.

Here the failure rate is dramatically reversed, having 2/3 emerging malfunctions per single flight!

TBC...

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all, after long discussions with the server administrator it sorted out that the problems were provoked by a wrong writing in the mission editor of the server. Thank you very much for your sound advice a availability.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Am 5.3.2022 um 13:39 schrieb PANTE48:

Dear all, after long discussions with the server administrator it sorted out that the problems were provoked by a wrong writing in the mission editor of the server. Thank you very much for your sound advice a availability.

Hi All, 

I have the same issue in one of my missions, can you tell what the solution was or which settings in the mission editor provoked the problem?