First DCS A-10C screenshot :)

Kusch

Yes, but you can use it that way. As long the three infa red lights are pointing at the reciever and it's setup accordingly (and you have the necesery range of movement) you can have it pointing in any direction you want.

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, but you can use it that way. As long the three infa red lights are pointing at the reciever and it's setup accordingly (and you have the necesery range of movement) you can have it pointing in any direction you want.

Didn't think of that, but I'm afraid that's not completely true in all cases. If you got it pointing behind you left/right rotations, up/down transitions will work ok, but up/down rotation and left/right transition will be inverted. You can't invert axis in TIR settings. So unless you can do that in game (ok, in BS it might be possible) it won't work properly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Didn't think of that, but I'm afraid that's not completely true in all cases. If you got it pointing behind you left/right rotations, up/down transitions will work ok, but up/down rotation and left/right transition will be inverted. You can't invert axis in TIR settings. So unless you can do that in game (ok, in BS it might be possible) it won't work properly.

"Invert

When a checkbox in this column is checked for an Axis in the Axis list, the tracking information for that Axis will be reversed. For example, checking the invert box for Pitch will make your in-game view turn to the right when you turn your head to the left."

tir4-edit_profiles_motion.gif

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-support/TrackIR-manual-v4.0.020/tir4-Chapter_5.html

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congrats on your program with the USAF. It's also really nice to see some advanced views of what we may get in the future.

Love those huge screens too.

While the stick looks very much like an F-16 stick, the throttle which is not pictured is very similar to the F-15 throttle.

Corsair8X

No, it's just the grip and controls ... the underlying mechanics are not changed, the A-10 does not have an FBW system.

Also, you'll notice most modern aircraft are getting a side-stick ;)

Hitman, if you look at the real thing you'll see a centered stick!

I wonder is it FSSB too just like in F-16?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I would really like to have 3 maybe even 6 of them.

Seriously:

I thing that the 'Gaming industry' (and you can add Eagle Dynamics to this term) beats the the military research.

Just because there is a competition between the company's.

I can't believe that a UAV Officer in training would post things like: "Why are the Trees not moving in the wind?" to his supervisor.

:)

Congrats on your program with the USAF. It's also really nice to see some advanced views of what we may get in the future.

While the stick looks very much like an F-16 stick, the throttle which is not pictured is very similar to the F-15 throttle.

Is it a split throttle for separate RPM control of twin engines?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seriously:

I thing that the 'Gaming industry' (and you can add Eagle Dynamics to this term) beats the the military research.

I can't believe that a UAV Officer in training would post things like: "Why are the Trees not moving in the wind?" to his supervisor.

He's actually saying:" Hey, I got shot by a Shilka hiding in the tree line".

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, it's just the grip and controls ... the underlying mechanics are not changed, the A-10 does not have an FBW system

For good reason! A lot of thought went into the F-16 HOTAS. If you have a Cougar or a Fighterstick and program it per the real Viper's functionality, minus the classified ECM stuff of course, its amazing how well it all comes together.

:D

Seriously:

What competition? FalconAF? :huh:

And will the supervisors complain when they're flying through trees? :P

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

The stick in the A-10C is very similar to the F-16. The right throttle is the same as the F-15E.

Oh and lookie that. That captain has his HOTAS on both the left and right, not that stick in the center BS. :joystick:

That's becasue he's flying a UAV :D .

Yeah but none of the cool ones :) .. only those aircraft that are one step away from handing over control of the skies to drones are flown side saddle. :joystick: .

@ OP; Nice find BTW :thumbup::thumbup:

Nice to see you around Stormin, :) .

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

For good reason! A lot of thought went into the F-16 HOTAS. If you have a Cougar or a Fighterstick and program it per the real Viper's functionality, minus the classified ECM stuff of course, its amazing how well it all comes together.

:D

Do you have an idea how the real F-16 stick assignement works? ;)

Its somewhat different than what you might expect it to be.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The stick in the A-10C is very similar to the F-16. The right throttle is the same as the F-15E.

Thanks for confirming that. Wasn't sure if they added a couple more things from the A-10A throttle and it appears that they have then so now it matches the F-15.

Corsair8X

• 1 month later...
Do you have an idea how the real F-16 stick assignement works? ;)

Its somewhat different than what you might expect it to be.

What do you mean? The functionality of the buttons? Ie what TMS Up/Right/Down/Left etc do?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Intel E6750 @3.2Ghz | 2GB OCZ PC2-6400 RAM | XFX 680i SLI | BFG GTX260 216SP | Western Digital 3200AAKS 320GB SATA II HDD |

| Seagate 320GB 16MB SATA II HDD | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Soundcard | Samsung 245B 24" TFT Monitor |

| Logitech Z-5400 Digital THX 5.1 speakers | Logitech G15 | Logitech MX1000 | TM Cougar #27955 | TrackIR 3 Pro

What do you mean? The functionality of the buttons? Ie what TMS Up/Right/Down/Left etc do?

@Pilotasso

Yeah...what? The function of the buttons is literally written on a Cougar HOTAS. The F4AF manual has an entire section dedicated to the functions of each button and their corresponding keyboard presses for the sole purpose of HOTAS programming. It isn't hard to find out what buttons do on the real thing.

So if you mean do I know how the real buttons feel, like they feel springy or mushy, no. If you mean do I know how they all come together in operating the avionics, I'd say I have a fairly good idea. ;)